Skip to content

Happy Thanksgiving! *Gobble*

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
edited November 2019 in Off-Topic
I just wanted to say... Happy Thanksgiving to Beamdog and all the Baldur's Gaters, Neverwinter Nighters, Icewind Dalers, and Planescape Tormenters, out there . Here's hoping that your holiday is an Enhanced Edition this year...
Ok, that's a bit lame I admit. That said, I am thankful for these games and this forum, and my wife who I met on here 7 years ago this month. Time flies. As usual I'm not as active as I used to be on here, but I still like to come back and read up on what's happening as I revisit these games. I was sad to see some folks depart from this venue. Sometimes though, its just healthier that way for people. Wherever they are, I hope they too are well.
Speaking of Thanksgiving (burp) - Come the new year, I need to get in shape again. Thinking (not definite) of doing a challenge for steps or something on here, if anyone is interested in this? I'll get something together in the 'Off Topic" area come late December maybe if folks care to participate. Open to ideas.
Have a great holiday!

6u8uoybeygbb.jpg

MelicampBalrog99JuliusBorisovStromaelronaldoDragonKingZaghoulAerakarBelgarathMTHThacoBell

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I am glad to know you.
    HaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2019
    Melicamp wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I am glad to know you.

Thanks buddy. To you as well
    JuliusBorisov
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Happy Turkey Day all!
    HaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I got my usual thing going on today
    SmokedTurkey.jpg
    I put them in brine Sunday night, then took them out Wednesday night. I threw them in the smoker for around 4 hours this morning, cold smoking them. They're in the oven now, so I can harvest their juices for super smoky gravy.
    Balrog99HaHaCharadedeltagoAerakar
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Happy Thanksgiving. Lawd, I think we ate wayyy too much, but it was tasty though. :)
    Balrog99HaHaCharade
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it. :) It's not a holiday where I live, but I had the opportunity to participate in a Thanksgiving dinner once, and I can say I quite understand why it's such a beloved holiday. ;)
    ZaghoulHaHaCharade
    Utterly engorged. Somehow I managed to get the second turkey carved and all the food into the fridge before the food coma and old fashioned set in. One of the crappy aluminum roasting pans sprang a leak and I wound up with turkey grease all in the bottom of the oven and a house full of smoke. At least nothing was actually burned, but it was funny for all my guests to see a smoke detector sitting on the front porch when they came in. I sent everyone home with some leftovers, since I always have tons. Thanksgiving is all about the leftovers. One of the best things in the world is a leftover turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce, red onions and swiss cheese :)
    Balrog99HaHaCharade
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    SmokedTurkey.jpg
    I put them in brine Sunday night, then took them out Wednesday night. I threw them in the smoker for around 4 hours this morning, cold smoking them. They're in the oven now, so I can harvest their juices for super smoky gravy.

Those look pretty awesome! My mom actually cooks today, I think a lot of folks do one (or another one) on Friday.
    Balrog99DrHappyAngry
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Late Thanksgiving greetings! I was a fugitive from the internet for a couple days.
    Balrog99
    SmokedTurkey.jpg

Those look pretty awesome! My mom actually cooks today, I think a lot of folks do one (or another one) on Friday.

Funny thing is, they're actually raw in that pic. All that color on them is literally smoke. The only problem with smoking them this way, is I've never been able to prevent the skin from turning into leather, no matter how much basting I do, but the meat's perfect. I'm not a big skin person, so I just write the skin off anyways.