Skip to content

[mod] Gahesh NPC

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited August 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
After 6 years Gahesh NPC got finally updated. It's one of my older mods, not my favorite, but certainly an option for those who like half-orcs and aren't happy with a small number of those in Baldur's Gate 2.

Gahesh NPC mod introduces a new joinable NPC - a half-orc sorcerer of lawful good alignment. Gahesh is an outcast; a bastard sired by a human male. Nowhere could he find peace, but on the blue waters of Faerun. But even that appeared to be not enough...

As mod previously started after reaching Brynnlaw, the content for Chapters 2 and 3 isn't rich. Some new situacional talks were added later, but he may have less content for that part of the game than other NPC mods. But still expect some to happen. Consider him shy at first and give him some time to open up with further chapters of Bhaalspawn's story.

Even though this is a v2.0 version, so many new things were introduced and so many changes were applied, that you should be ready for some bugs.

DOWNLOAD

Changes in v2.0:
-Moved Gahesh from Brynnlaw to Sea Bounty, making him available in Chapters 2 and 3
-Added some situational dialogues to make him more active in Chapter 2 and 3
-Added PVRZ+TIS version of the map tilset to make it work with BG2EE properly
-Added BG2EE versions of portraits used by the character
-Added the possibility to upgrade Gahesh's armor (ToB)
-Added a new weapon for Gahesh (ToB)
-Added chapter checks for some dialogues
-Added epilogue fix for ToB
-Added banters with EE NPCs
-Added brand new soundset, recorded by Soul
-Wilson BG2EE fix implemented
-Enahnced Temple of Ilmater plot to make sure it will work properly considering other changes
-Rewritten some ToB talks to make them better
-Rewritten some SoA talks to make them work in chapter 2 and 3
-Changed some names in the mod to make sure FR lore is not streatched too much
-Fixed some dialogue inconsistency
-Fixed spell graphic for a innate ability Gahesh may learn

Thanks to @jmaeq and @AionZ who shared some opinions and thoughts. They helped me to make this mod at least a bit better.
megamike15jasteyCaszidyZaghoulRaduzielStefanOMantis37GusindajmaeqFina92ilduderinobob_veng

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2019
    This is amazing, way too few half-orcs out there! Thank you for this :)
    CaszidyLavaDelVortel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Half-Orc: good

NPC by Lava: good

Half-Orc NPC by Lava: good^2 (or good**2).
    LavaDelVortelThacoBelljastey
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Hah, thanks :) Remember it's an old mod. It's not my flag work, I just thought it would be a pity to leave it rot in a bad shape, while it could be a bit better. I hope there are at least some players that will enjoy it :)
    Angulimala
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    Great News Lava! Always wanted to try him out. Will definitely use him on my next play through.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2020
    It's among SHS Misc. Released Mods:
    [link deleted]

EDIT: The mod is now available here:
    https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/gahesh/
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    megamike15
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    where is his fecking book??!?!? ;pp
    You're playing the version after the major update? If so, then there is a boy in the Docks (near Cromwell's workshop) who can take you to a new location. There you will need to clear the location and open a chest. One of the enemies or the chest (don't remember exactly) should have the book :)

Cheers!
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    edited April 2021
    murdered the pirates, no book. one chest is closed by magical device, thief can't open. how to open that damn chest? ;]

oh, ok! the leader have the key, I somewhat disintegrated him but after reloading all is fine. Thanks!
    sure!
    I guess that's why I hate disintegrate spell...
    Anyway, have fun!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Are the quest objects marked as quest objects in the code? If so, they should survive disintegration.
    Probably it's not. I usually use a critical item tick for REALLY critical items. Something that can stop you from continuing the game.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Disintegrate seemingly will only not destroy plot flagged items.
    I know. Being unable to join an NPC is not a game-breaking bug and it's not something that would stop you from continuing the game. As I said, I am more careful about setting something as critical item when it's truly critical (game-wise).
    Believe me or not, but I know how critical items work.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    Is there a romance included?
    it's in the readme:
    Project includes some friend talks, as well as a romance with a female character, however he will truly romance PC only in ToB (if she never found anyone else in SoA portion of the game). Shadows of Amn part includes only friendship and pre-romantic talks, so if you have already started any romance with someone else before you reached the expansion, it just won't fire. If you started a new ToB game (which wasn't imported from SoA) and your character is a non-evil female, you can still start the romance in Throne of Bhaal.
  • battbeam3872battbeam3872 Member Posts: 10
    Hello I downloaded your gahesh mod which I like very much. He is an interesting companion who is great for filling in some caster gaps in my team. I had a question though, when I am at spellhold after irenicus takes your bhaalspawn powers when bodhi sends you to the bottom floors gahesh is stuck and I cannot interact with him. I am not sure if other mods are conflicting or if it is a case of a bug. Thank you for your time.
    edited November 2023
    Hi! I am unsure what's wrong. Could you use these 3 console codes to check the variables?

C:GetGlobal("GaheshAfterSoul","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("GaheshFriendshipActive","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("GaheshFriendTalk","GLOBAL")

Here's info on how to use the console: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm
    GaheshAfterSoul is 1
    GaheshFriendshipActive is 1
    GaheshFriendTalk is 8
    as soon as imoen talks to my character then gahesh is just stuck and I can't click on him or interact with him
    like he is there but the ring under his character model disappears and I cannot move him at all
    Wait... what do you mean by "can't click on him or interact with him"?
    Wait, I'm not sure what would even cause something like that. Could you attach your savegame from right before that happens? If you don't want to share it publically, then you can send it via the PM. Just drag and drop the zipped savegame into the comment box.
    I think this is what you mean?
    sorry for the late message. got busy with some stuff. anyway it is right after talking to irenicus and facing bhaal. then at the basement after bodhi's convo its like I can't move him and if I click on his portrait it doesn't allow me to interact with his inventory. and while the green ring under him is kinda there it is faded and it never activates even after clicking on him.
    I thought about dismissing him and coming back for him later but I don't know where he goes or if you can pick him back up
    nvm I fixed it
    It was dialogue that was meant to trigger by him but never did. basically after getting to imoen I killed him then used resurrection and the dialogue triggerred. Thank you for this mod and for your time.
    You can also use CTRL+R (with mouse over him) to dispel the "paralyze" effect. The problem is why is he affected by the paralyze (that is most likely coming from the original cutscene, what makes it even weirder)!

If you use that method, you will also get the dialogue. While it will fix the problem locally, I don't know the source just yet.
    good to know. thank you