Skip to content

BG tweaks on IPad

I was given an iPad as a gift and promptly bought BG, Siege of Dragonspear, BG2.
Firstly am I right in assuming you play in that order? I want to play a single character all the way through.
I also want to turn Viconia good in ToB but for rp purposes I want to have her right from the start but my Good party is going to get a reputation that makes her leave. It’s a mechanic I’ve never liked and know it can be modded out on pc. How do I do it on iPad?

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Hi @SirBuliwyf
    It’s manageable, but not that easy - at first.
    Luke93 has made a brilliant find, and has concocted this method:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak
    I have the CD tweaks on my BG1 for instance, and it works perfectly.
    Just remember to follow the steps meticulously - no short cuts.
    Best of luck.

About the order of the games. Yes you can import your games. When you are paying your game you can long tap (hold down on) the quick save button. After a short while the export to other apps comes up as an opportunity.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I saw that. I was hoping for something less convoluted and not requiring another computer. Hrmmmmm

Thank you.
    Okay. Luke’s guide only seems concerned with getting mods onto the iPad. I don’t want any mods. I need to change one little thing to keep Viconia happy.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Hi @SirBuliwyf
    Not to worry. The change you want is given by mods, and Luke93’s method is the only way to alter the app anyway afaik. And it works, you have posted in the other thread and we will try to help you there.
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    Why not have her wear the Helm of Opposite Alignment? That way you don't need any mods.
    @Shangeroo I’ve read elsewhere that the helmet does not work for preventing her from leaving.

@StummvonBordwehr I went through the whole thing. Followed all the steps. Even after initial problems I got to open my zipped up 2da in SoD and still Viconia leaves. I can’t even look at the file structure to see what I might have done wrong. It’s so frustrating. I wish I could get an EEKeeper for app on iPad. :(
    StummvonBordwehr
    u1balx2ual4d.jpeg

I pulled an old save file. It worked fine for me. She’s wearing the helm so neutral good. I had 20 rep and she’s still around
    3qia18g4uqkf.jpeg
    Here’s from BG1. Wearing the helm she sticks around.