Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Comments

• Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    I have good news for the folks who wanted an optional component to force the SoD items that import normally to always do so:

I have done some testing, and I believe I have found a way to make it work without having to worry about creating duplicates. Essentially it will just force the game to use the existing method, it just ensures it is always "on" regardless of whether you import a SoD game or not.

A secondary benefit of this is that since it will be it's own component, if someone just wanted to use my mod to force the normally importable items to be there and none of the new things I added, they could do so.

So needless to say, v0.4.0 is now a WIP. And for the folks who asked, the Headband of Focus and Wizzard Hat will be included.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    After spending some more time with it, I have been able to get the optional component to force SoD imports working while allowing a choice of either the Voidsword +3 or Voidhammer +3 during installation. This component will be included in the next update to allow much easier importing of the original 11 possible items without relying on importing SoD saves.

Ludwig_IIThacoBellCaszidy
  • BlackstoneBlackstone Member Posts: 13
    I've encountered a bug with the Ring of Purity.
    Every Guardian in the Maze drops a ring so you end up with far too many copies.

Everything else has been great so far.
    Blackstone wrote: »
    I've encountered a bug with the Ring of Purity.
    Every Guardian in the Maze drops a ring so you end up with far too many copies.

Everything else has been great so far.

Thank you for pointing this out, it has been corrected for the next update.
    The next update is in progress, mostly just some corrections and creating new icons for items that don't yet have their own unique icon. It's slow, tedious work, but I hope the end results are enjoyable for all.
    ThacoBellZaghoulCaszidyGusinda
    v0.5.1 released - I relocated a couple of items and changed the effects and recipes of a couple of items.
    ZaghoulCaszidyThacoBellGusinda
  • DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    Love your mod.
    Is it possible to list new items + ingredients needed to upgrade them?
    Example Helm of Dumathoin + Horns =
    StummvonBordwehr
    Version 0.6.2 has been released!
    DoxyLudwig_IIGusindaThacoBell

What changed, if you don't mind me asking?
    Doxy wrote: »

What changed, if you don't mind me asking?

Took me a little time to update the OP with new info. Thanks for your patience!
    DoxyLudwig_IIGusinda
    your spacing was off. fixed it so it's easier to reed
    upgrade recipes
    New Upgrade Components Created for This Mod
    Heart of Flame
    Eye of Ichor
    Soul of Frost
    Breath of Wind
    Black Dragon Scales
    Upgrade Requirements

Tongue of Acid +3 — can be upgraded twice with branching paths
    1st upgrade: Silver Hilt +10,000gp
    2nd upgrade: Eye of Ichor + 15,000gp
    1st upgrade (alternate): Angurvadal + scroll of disintegrate +10,000gp

Soft Feet
    Liquid Mercury + 7500gp

Crown of Lies
    emerald + star sapphire + diamond + potion of insight + 5,000gp

Star-Strewn Boots
    2x potions each magic protection, magic blocking, magic shielding + 5,000gp

"Green" Dragonscale Armor — can be upgraded twice with branching paths
    1st upgrade: Red Dragon Scales + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: shadow, white, silver, blue, or green scales + 15,000gp
    1st upgrade (alternate): Shadow Dragon scales + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: red, white, blue, silver, or green scales + 15,000gp

Stalker's Gauntlets
    Bracers of Blinding Strike + Improved Haste Scroll +2 potions of power +2 potions of master thievery + 10,000gp

Sundermaul +3
    Rune of Clangeddin + 5,000gp

Cloverleaf
    5 scrolls of Luck + 5,000gp

Uncursed Staff +1
    Wand of Fire + Wand of Frost + 5,000gp (can be repeated to recharge)

Backwhacker +2
    Wyvern Tail + Gnasher + 5,000gp

Bow of the Banshee +2
    Screaming Bagpipes + Gesen Bowstring (or Gond) + 10,000gp

Nimblefinger Gloves
    Bracers of Archery + Bracers of Defense AC3 + Gloves of Pickpocketing + 5,000gp

Bullet of Darkness +3
    Bag of plenty +2 and 5,000gp

Void-Tipped Arrow +3
    Quiver of plenty +2 and 5,000gp

Cloak of Minor Arcana
    Amulet of Metaspell Influence + Cloak of Displacement + 5,000gp

Element's Fury +2 — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Boomerang dagger +2 and 5,000gp
    2nd upgrade: Soul of Frost + 5,000gp

Storm Pike +2 — can be upgraded twice with branching paths
    1st upgrade: Wave Shaft + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: Hammer of Thunderbolts +3 + Scroll of Crom Faeyr + 10,000gp
    2nd upgrade (alternate): Wave Blade + Scroll of Crom Faeyr + 10,000gp

Trollblood Ioun Stone — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Pale Green Ioun Stone + 5 scrolls of Resist Fear + 5 potions of regeneration + 5 potions of heroism + 5,000gp
    2nd upgrade: Wong Fei's Ioun Stone + 5,000gp

Shield of Egons +2 — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Shield of the Lost +2 + Illithium ore + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: Symbol of Amaunator + 5,000gp

Vexation +2
    Heart of the Damned + 7,500gp

Astral Crossbow +2
    Gesen bowshaft + 5,000gp

Shadowed Spear +2 — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Breath of Wind + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: Ixil's spike + 7,500gp

Jester's Bracers
    2 Demon Hearts + 5,000gp

The Night's Embrace +3
    Black Dragon Scales + 7,500gp

Ring of Purity
    Eye of Tyr + 5,000gp

Dervish Crescent +2
    Belm +2 + Oil of Speed (murky variant) + 5,000gp

The Burning Earth +1 — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Sword of Flame +1, + Blade of Searing +3, + 5 scrolls of Agannazar's scorcher + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: Heart of Flame + 15,000gp

Dragonscale Shield +3
    Black dragon scales + 7,500gp

Archer's Eyes
    Scroll of Wizard Eye + scroll of Farsight + 2 potions of perception + 5,000gp

Robe of Red Flames
    Robe of Vecna + 10,000gp

Belt of the Skillful Blade
    Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise + Gauntlets of Weapon Skill + scroll of disintegrate + 10,000gp

Biter +2
    5 scrolls of Melf's Acid Arrow + 5 sphene gems + 5,000gp

Voidhammer +3/Voidsword +3
    Skull of the Lich + 15,000gp

Bard Hat
    Gold Ioun Stone + Dusty Rose Ioun Stone + 7,500gp

Helm of Dumathoin
    Left Horn + Right Horn + 5,000gp

Buckler of the Fist +2
    Reflection Shield +1 + 2 scrolls of protection against normal missiles + 2 potions of mirrored eyes + 10,000gp

Dragon Blade +3 — can be upgraded twice
    1st upgrade: Silver Blade + 7,500gp
    2nd upgrade: Soul of Frost + 10,000gp
    StummvonBordwehr
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited December 2019
    I tested the mod. I really appreciate the attention to details such as item descriptions, icons and dialog lines for the smiths. Here's feedback on some parts:
    • Using the word 'import' to describe your mod is confusing because it implies that items must be in the inventory when importing a character/game from SoD to BG2. It could be a good idea to find another way to mean that some of the SoD items have been included into BG2.
    • I couldn't understand what the second component of the mod does. My guess is that it adds the items even if they have not been imported but again, confusing.
    • The lines of dialog are very well written so much that I cannot doubt you must be a native English speaker. So I was quite surprised when I saw 'it's' being used for 'its'. It appears in a number of Cromwell lines but maybe elsewhere.
    • Some of the recipes use materials already required for existing recipes. This is a bit frustrating although most of the upgrades are worth the sacrifice. But one recipe for example needs an Eye of Tyr which is already a component for two other recipes. I wish you had created more unique materials (a great idea).
    • The upgraded red robes give one less casting speed point than the Robe of Vecna (or it could just be the item description).
    • The upgraded Nimblefinger Gloves are quite awkward to use. They combine items suited to different class of characters. AC bracers are useful for Mages, Pickpocketing Gloves for Thieves and Archery Bracers for Archers. I would rework the recipe to make something more focused.
    • The Star-Strewn Boots require two potions of magic blocking but those can be found... nowhere? More generally, some recipes require a high amount of a specific component, like five iterations which may feel excessive.
    My opinion of course! I can't think of anything else right now.
    Thanks for working on this!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Abel
    "I couldn't understand what the second component of the mod does. My guess is that it adds the items even if they have not been imported but again, confusing."

That's exactly what it does. If you run modded kits, you can't import your character. BG1 and 2 organize their kitlists differently so that your imported character will show up with either a broken kit, or just a different kit altogether. Which also means that you miss out of the items that would import over with you.

"Some of the recipes use materials already required for existing recipes. This is a bit frustrating although most of the upgrades are worth the sacrifice. But one recipe for example needs an Eye of Tyr which is already a component for two other recipes. I wish you had created more unique materials (a great idea)."

Intentional. Some of the recipes are supposed to be trade-offs.
    Abel
    I just did a precursory check, and there are at least two potions of magic blocking available in game. Location below in spoilers:
    You can purchase two of them from The Concotor in Neera's side quest
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited January 2020
    I just did a precursory check, and there are at least two potions of magic blocking available in game. Location below in spoilers:
    You can purchase two of them from The Concotor in Neera's side quest

I remember Roger from the sewers having a wide selection of potions as well

And the drow merchants in Ust Natha
    With some help, the major thing that has been keeping this mod from going to v1.0.0 (completed vs. WIP) has been fixed. For the next update, I am adding some additional upgrade options for items, and revising some item icons and description images, along with some general cleanup.
    Caszidy
  • Warrax01Warrax01 Member Posts: 20
    Is the upgraded items part of this mode compatible with other mods that add recipes to Cromwell?
    Has anyone successfully got this to work on android? I only installed ascension and this mod and the keyring has Invalid 103807 in the corner when I tried tested with a new game on my android phone.
    Warrax01 wrote: »
    Is the upgraded items part of this mode compatible with other mods that add recipes to Cromwell?

It should be, as it just adds on to what already exists with Cromwell and Cespenar.
    Has anyone successfully got this to work on android? I only installed ascension and this mod and the keyring has Invalid 103807 in the corner when I tried tested with a new game on my android phone.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I've not tested this mod on Android, as I don't have the means to do so.
    edited February 2020

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I've not tested this mod on Android, as I don't have the means to do so.

I honestly dont think it's an issue with your mod on android. It is happening with any mod I try to move over to my phone. It's a strange bug, if I create a female PC everything works fine it seems. But if I create a new Male PC, everything for the mod has invalid texts etc. Trying to sort it out now in the android mod thread in the general modding section. I'll update here also once its figured out.

I really like the mod, it's working perfectly on my computer install. I'm a programmer, so this modding stuff has really peaked my interest in this game again. Will hopefully start digging into the tools and mods that are out there to learn more and start creating things of my own hopefully soon.

StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Hi @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Congratulations on making the mod.
    It looks awesome and I will certainly play it one day.

Will it be possible to see the stats of items once they are upgraded? I like to plan ahead and my games usually have a certain take or plan for my items and such. I would love to make plans with your items as well.

Ps. I have read your list of where you have placed the items, and I think you have done a fine job contemplating the locations of the items. Well thought
    JuliusBorisovGusinda