Skip to content

BBC America's Copper - Awesome Show. Anyone Else Watch It?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
I feel like I'm the only person watching this right now, though that can't be true as it just got renewed for a 2nd season. I think it's first season was really well written. Blows "Hell on Wheels" out of the water really, which had a disappointing 2nd season to me in comparison with its 1st. Any other Copperheads out there?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Not I, but, should I be watching it? What is it about?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited October 2012

Not I, but, should I be watching it? What is it about?

Police (hence the name Copper, heh) that work out of New York's area known as the "Five Points" during the American Civil War. It's like NYPD Blue set in the 1860s. It's fascinating to see how they do forensics, deal with events like elections, riots, bank robberies, the war going on, etc. The main character is a detective who comes home from fighting in the war to find his wife has disappeared and his daughter has been murdered (this is established immediately as background info so no spoiler). Throughout the first season he's trying to find out what happened to them, while of course working on other cases.

First season wraps up this Sunday, but thankfully BBC America isn't like HBO in regards to waiting *forever* before making their shows available. This one already comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray in 10 days, so probably on Netflix, etc. pretty darn soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Season-Blu-ray-Tom-Weston-Jones/dp/B0090XK9DG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350771921&sr=8-3&keywords=Copper+Season+1