Skip to content

Adventure Island (original)

I still have my hall of fame top 10 persistent world module from back in my NWN nights days. I say "original" because I gave it up to the community and I think some people updated it and ran it for years longer. Im thinking about seeing how I could get it back up online. Any help you can give me would be cool, how does multiplayer work now? What about all the add ons I had in the mod from the community. I dont even remember their names but I think I used the 3 common ones. If someone can help me, Ill buy the game and get the mod back up.
AtrophiedericTaki_OtoriMoreice

Comments

• PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    Can't be a whole lot of help, but I remember Adventure Island, I casually played there and It was pretty cool!
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    edited April 2018
    For starters, you could always open it up in the toolset, and see what .hak resources the module requires ...
    As far as the 3 common ones, would the CEP be one of those? It's pretty common, as far as the resources go.
  • SilvertiSilverti Member Posts: 9

For starters, you could always open it up in the toolset, and see what .hak resources the module requires ...
    As far as the 3 common ones, would the CEP be one of those? It's pretty common, as far as the resources go.

yup, CEP for sure, I recognize that. Where would we find those to download now-a-days?
    Atrophiederic
    Silverti said:

yup, CEP for sure, I recognize that. Where would we find those to download now-a-days?
    Here: https://neverwintervault.org/cep

And If the mod used a pre-cep 2 version, than here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/cep1-complete
    Atrophiederic
  • clarkyclarky Member Posts: 8
    I had a great time on Adventure Island as did many others. Crafting system was a lot of fun. Would gladly buy the game just to hang out there again.
    Atrophiederic
    Im sure I could bring out the chicken god again
    Give a post when its up and running I will hop right on. Haven't killed any rat gods in awhile.
    clarky said:

Give a post when its up and running I will hop right on. Haven't killed any rat gods in awhile.

I don't know If It's the same, but I saw an Adventure Island up 2 nights ago.
    I would be willing to host the server and update the module if needed. All I need is the mod.
    clarky said:

I would be willing to host the server and update the module if needed. All I need is the mod.

The mod is 40 megs, PM me info to send it to you and I will.
    Taki_Otori
    Sent you a message
  • danskmacabredanskmacabre Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    Hey Silverti . I saw another thread in the EE NWN forum asking about Adventure Island.
    Could I get a copy of the AA server please?
    I used to be a DM for AA many years ago when you hosted them.

I'd love to set an instance of AA to get it all going again.
    I'd like to make it NWN:EE compatible.
    Post edited by danskmacabre on
    Hi all, I've spoken to Silverti and he sent me the mod, which I've put online now. Just look for Adventure Island.

You'll need the CEP1 to play it though, but you can get it from here:
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/cep1-complete

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to convert it to CEP 2.65, so any suggestions would be helpful.
    Its asking for a custom talk file. cant login
    Oh? which file?
    Did you apply the CEP1 from the link I sent? That's the one I used?
    There's HAKs, ERF I believe and a few other files that have to be put in various locations
    Is AI going back up?
    can anyone confirm if AI made it up on the list for persistent worlds and is being played?
  • RobAncalagonRobAncalagon Member Posts: 1
    Yes, it's back up and running. I've seen about 3 of us online so still pretty quiet! Thanks again Silverti for all the hard work years ago, and a huge buzz to have it back online
  • Taki_OtoriTaki_Otori Member Posts: 2
    Hey Silverti! Its me the Evil Taki Otori! :D I was looking for a copy of your server to play with a friend who has never played nwn and i see that you are maybe bringing the server back online? That would be awesome! I am going to try and retrieve my cd keys from bioware and get the game installed.
  • Taki_OtoriTaki_Otori Member Posts: 2
    I re-bought the game and ive logged in to the adventure island server that is currently online, So much nostalgia! and i completely forgot you named an npc after me Silverti :D I dont know whos server this is but if its not yours and you bring yours back online i will be there in a heartbeat. -Lycan
  • BloodknightBloodknight Member Posts: 3
    Is there any way I can get a copy of AA I am playing it online now but the admin is no where to be found I'd love to play it locally!! Please help I have searched everywhere!!
  • VikingJohnVikingJohn Member Posts: 2
    Id this running full time ? been looking for it a few times and couldn't find it ,, then found it yesterday but its gone again today .
  • VikingJohnVikingJohn Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, I've spoken to Silverti and he sent me the mod, which I've put online now. Just look for Adventure Island.

You'll need the CEP1 to play it though, but you can get it from here:
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/cep1-complete

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to convert it to CEP 2.65, so any suggestions would be helpful.

1. players only need the talk file from CEP1 if they have CEP2.65 from steam maybe you can get the CEP team to include it with CEP

2. You can try just changing the talk file in the mod to the new talk file , I did this on a mod I made back in like 2006 and was able to log on
    IS AI still up? If I buy the new XBOX version that just came out, would I be able to play it with all the add-ons required?
    I have finally purchased the game and I am working to get Adventure Island back up and running. I have already figured out how to get it up and listed again and Im working out bugs in the module. I'll try to keep a version online but I still need to set it up as a service. It was CEP 1.52 and Im currently building 1.68. I'll continue testing. When I play it I do find odd issues like it seems that the in-house database isnt working, not sure what to do about that yet. Next Ill look into trying to update to the latest CEP.
  • SnarltoothSnarltooth Member Posts: 1
    Hey Silverti! Remember me? I used DM for ya! That would be cool if you get AI running on EE.
  • Huntk20Huntk20 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Silverti wrote: »
    I have finally purchased the game and I am working to get Adventure Island back up and running. I have already figured out how to get it up and listed again and Im working out bugs in the module. I'll try to keep a version online but I still need to set it up as a service. It was CEP 1.52 and Im currently building 1.68. I'll continue testing. When I play it I do find odd issues like it seems that the in-house database isnt working, not sure what to do about that yet. Next Ill look into trying to update to the latest CEP.

Do you need assistance? I am a long time fan with much spare time to help. I am a reverse engineer by trade. Your module alone could win game awards with its rich story and crafting system. I miss it and felt I should reach out.
  • MoreiceMoreice Member Posts: 2
    Just wondering if a Discord server has been created for this PW.

If not could it be a good idea?
  • BloodknightBloodknight Member Posts: 3
    There is currently an AI up and running. It’s super original and good been playing on it for 2days but headed to Germany for 2 weeks. I’ll be back when I get home. Also, I have a copy that has been super updated by OUAbigail.
  • BadToadBadToad Member Posts: 1
    Hello I use to play on AI back then too. Would anyone remember where to train a paladin after level 5