Skip to content

Crash on Create Character

JocJoc Member Posts: 3
Hi

I am having a really annoying crash which means I can only play with the premade party as when I click "create" in a blank character slot the game crashes.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?

I have tried deleting the Icewind dale folder in My documents ( the one that contains the lua) and this worked once but no longer does.

Cheers

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    We'd probably need more technical information from your side. Since you mentioned My Documents, I'm guessing you're running Windows, but what version of Windows? Did you buy your copy of IWD:EE from Beamdog, Steam or GoG? Where have you installed it to? The fact that you can play with the pre-made party but not a custom one suggests to me that it's probably something to do with installation directory locations. Is there any error message that pops up when you crash?
  • JocJoc Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for reply.

Running on windows 10

copy of IWDEE bought from gog and installed using GOG galaxy. IWDEE v 2.5.17.0

installed to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
  • JocJoc Member Posts: 3
    The error shown as soon as i hit the create button is

There was an errorr. A crash report was saved to:

users/documents/infinity engine enhanced edition/ crash/ dump.2.5.17.0.0012.dmp

please contact beamdog support

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Probably best to post in the Troubleshooting forum with the contents of that .dmp file then. Looks like you have pretty standard installation settings, so there's probably something unusual going on on your system that's causing the crash.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I moved the thread to the troubleshooting forum. Can you add Documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Editions to the list of exclusions of your Antivirus and UAC?

Make sure you don't have several Documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Editions folders on the PC (eg. OneDrive/Documents...)