Skip to content

Unfinished bussiness bg2

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i only don't use the bhaalspawn powers one as i have ascension. . nor do i use original anomen or yoshimo portrait as i replace their portraits with another mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    i'd really not use rpg codex as a reference. they are not the nicest people in the world.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I'm starting my first run with BG2 UB. I installed everything EXCEPT the Bohdi hunt. I understand that, from an RP perspective, she would actually follow through on her threat, but it feels like you would have to drop everything and head straight for the exit immediate - missing out on a lot of cool stuff in the maze.

The other components looked pretty interesting, though. I suppose I shall see!
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    All but Sena Suni component - it's completely out of sync with the tone of original content/characterization, stylistically poorly written, and can be buggy.
    Minsc's quest is questionable (he's a comedy character but it feels at times like a sitcom that's trying too hard). It's tolerable enough and Minsc is a sentimental favorite so I install it, though there's a rather significant bug that's been unaddressed for about a decade (his reward accidentally applies stat restoration 2x, so he ends up with THAC0 several levels better than it should be).

Rest of the mod is highly recommended.

Bhodi chases you actually makes Spellhold maze somewhat challenging, though in my latest install it had a significant bug I'd never seen before. In the past I've combined it with the SCS optional component where Irenicus takes away all your gear (plus Item Randomization mod which I always use) for a real challenge that actually makes sense, and... the results were probably a little too much. Taking on SCS foes (especially if you spawn the lich) without your gear is tough; add to it resting with Bodhi on your tail being extremely dangerous and it was one of the toughest challenges I've dealt with... but it totally makes sense in game. Vanilla version of Spellhold pretty much holds you by the hand, with the stereotypical dopey bad guy move taking you prisoner and giving you all the chances in the world to not only escape, but come out even more rich and well equipped... >.>
    Post edited by ithildurnew on
    it's very subjective i for one enjoy the minsic quest especially if you have aerie in the party. altho there is a bug involving it if you have a mod like say dungeon crawlers and it starts the boo is missing quest while in it's mod exclusive area. what happens is as the quest a started in an area not in the docks the kid does not spawn.

the bodi thing however is bugged. it never worked for me.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yes, I install all the components. This is definitely my favourite mod :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019

Banterpack should be fine. Ascension should be fine.