Skip to content

PS4 ISSUES

Picked up the game on launch day and have been riddled with issues on the PS4 version. I am playing on a PS4 Pro and using a Sony Bravia 55" 4k TV.

Issue List:

1. Game blue screens during multiplayer and character created for this mode disappears completely and I have to restart the entire game. I have lost 3 characters, and multiple items due to this issue.

2. The UI scaling factor is definitely not made for larger screen TVs as my text box overlaps the chat box and I can't see any of the dialog going on in the chat box. I have mine set on #2 and if I change it to #1 it is so small you can barely see the mini map, chat box, or character portrait. (This is both in single player and multiplayer games.)

3. Opening the mini map changes the size randomly. I have had a map sized so tiny that you can barely see it and then other times it so big it covers 1/4 of my screen.

4. Voice Volume is set at 100% yet I can't even hear any of the dialogue from NPCs. At times it will be there, but 97% of the time it is non-existent.

5. Created a half orc character and it was the height of a dwarf or halfling. Recreated the character after one of the crashes and the half orc was back to normal height.

I own the Enhanced Edition on PC also and haven't experienced any of these issues in the PC version.

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Besides the problems how does the game look on PS4 with the new renderer? I'd love to see an impressive video showing off what it can do.
  • CeissaDesisteCeissaDesiste Member Posts: 3
    tnrfmtl7p992.jpg

Screenshot of the UI issues. This shows both the weird map sizing and the chat box issue.
  • HackEXHackEX Member Posts: 1
    Unable to connect to multiplayer public/private games on PS4 edition. Receiving the following error.

Attempting to find server.
    Direct connect and UDP hole punch failed.
    Requesting relay token.
    Relay access was denied.
    Relay said: Server is not publicly listed.
    Connection to server has failed.
  • bagofcrazybagofcrazy Member Posts: 3
    That’s exactly what me and my buddy get trying to connect to multiplayer as well. It’s really frustrating that I can’t find any information on if this is something that we are doing incorrectly or if it’s just broken at the moment.
  • CeissaDesisteCeissaDesiste Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2019
    6. Can't use Stone of Recall from the Quick Radial Menu. Have to go into your inventory and use it from there.

7. Linu doesn't heal the player character at all. Changed her healing settings and tested every one. She just sits back and watches you die.

8. Door Lever in the Pits where Guard Dog is doesn't work. Have to pick lock to get into the door.

9. Starting from when you reach The Pits area of the prison, Linu will tell you she can't heal you when you asked to be healed. (No enemies around and nothing to prevent her from doing so that I can find.) Even back in the City Core area she refuses to heal the player character when asked to.

10. While clearing The Pits area of the prison, player character is unable to rest anywhere on this map. I cleared the whole entire map of enemies and still got the message telling me I can't rest with enemies nearby.
    Post edited by CeissaDesiste on
  • steelnation48steelnation48 Member Posts: 7
    Doing the archeologists quest in chapter 2 seems messed up. When I come back with the quest items to give to Jax he's nowhere to be found. ?
  • rdonovan82rdonovan82 Member Posts: 2
    I experienced all these issues on my ps4 version as well. The latest issue has completely stopped my game play. Arklem teleports out of tower before unlocking his door. Cant proceed. Totally stuck.
  • AlfieAlfie Member Posts: 11
    HELLO Beamdog is anybody there to respond ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Alfie wrote: »
    HELLO Beamdog is anybody there to respond ?

Beamdog's offices were closed from December 21st, 2019 until January 6th, 2020.

Please report all the issues you encounter at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that they could be tracked and investigated.
  • Emi_RaiEmi_Rai Member Posts: 1
    My Playstation 4 version keeps crashing whenever I do anything in the Prison District. I'm getting pretty frustrated and have no idea how to fix it. I deleted the game, installed it again, and am waiting for the latest update to download. I would love Beamdog to respond please.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We're sorry to hear about your crashes. Please report them at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that our QA could look at them and investigate.