Skip to content

BG:EE Review from a New Fan

Hi, I linked into this review from the BG Reddit, where the guy publicized it. I thought people here might enjoy reading it. It's pleasant and fun to read impressions from somebody who apparently mostly plays console games and got hooked into our beloved BG by playing the new console version.

https://www.gamegrin.com/reviews/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-review/

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    "Of course, it helps that the writing is surprisingly engaging and gives the imagination ample material to run with."

"Squirrel: has nothing to tell to you
    Squirrel: has nothing to tell to you
    Squirrel: has nothing to tell to you"

that quote and immediately after the squirrel thing in the screenshot made me ROTLF :D
    but the review was good and interesting to read, thank you for linking it.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    His only real complaint could have been solved by giving the player a bag of holding early in the game. :)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    then kicks in my own complaint, why we can not set the containers, boh, but also potion cases and the others, selecting to have the items displayed in alphabetical order, or with the things of the same type near by, ie all the swords, all the armors and all the maces one next to the other.
    end game i have very messy bags of holding and potion cases and if i want a particular item or i want to see which swords i carry to pick up the best for the battle i have to scroll all the bag inventory, that way it could have been much easier, if i want a certain shield i sort alphabetically, if i want to compare them before picking the better one i sort as item type.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    "Of course, it helps that the writing is surprisingly engaging and gives the imagination ample material to run with."

"Squirrel: has nothing to tell to you
    Squirrel: has nothing to tell to you"

that quote and immediately after the squirrel thing in the screenshot made me ROTLF :D
    but the review was good and interesting to read, thank you for linking it.

From this we can surmise that at least one of Bioware's scribes was a disciple of the minimalist school. ;)