Skip to content

Dialog editor broken?

For some reason since the update, the dialog editor doesn't seem to be working correctly. The scripting portion of the editor is greyed out and unusable. Anyone else having this issue, and potentially know how to solve it?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Tagging @virusman
  • KamirynKamiryn Member Posts: 74
    I had the same problem once but for some reason when I restarted the toolset everything worked as expected.
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    edited December 2019
    This is a known regression in 1.79 build. It should be fixed in the upcoming builds. For now, you can use the 8191 build from this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1098633/#Comment_1098633
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    @virusman I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem. Are you saying that no one should be using the 1.79 toolset, or is the workaround only for a few people who have the issue?
    edited December 2019
    Some don’t experience this issue, I’m not sure but it may depend the version of Windows.
    There are various other issues reported for 1.79 toolset, but none of them critical.
    The regressions happened because 1.79 toolset was built with an old version of C++ Builder, while the builds in the thread were using a newer one. The next build will be made using the same newer one, which should fix most regressions observed in 1.79 vs. beta builds.
    This should be fixed in 8193.1.