Skip to content

Bug with Scimitar/Wakazashi/Ninjato

So in the proficiency screen, I notice the full text doesn't fit. In Jaheira's information screen, the text stops abruptly because it has trouble rendering that proficiency. Additionally, when I try to put a point in that proficiency on level up, the game crashes.

I attempted to shorten the text in the script and fixed the information screen but not the crashing on point application.

Does anyone else have this?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i do not seem to have this problem;
    nfnvko3bj5vv.png
    tmyh26ujpys6.png

so based on that, what platform are you playing on, and do you have any mods installed?
    JuliusBorisov
  • einlanzereinlanzer Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2019
    I am using a few mods, but I think this has been happening since before I installed them. The issue appears to be that the script is somehow corrupted. When I review .dlg, the reference I see is NINJATÅŒ in one location and NinjatÅ? in the rest. Does that look correct to create the accented "o"?

The latter one causes Jaheria's information screen to be truncated. When I change it to remove the special character, this no longer happens.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, it looks like a mod messed up your dialog.tlk file

when i open up the dialog file it shows; ninjatō ( which is what it SHOULD look like )

no other whacky characteristics or anything

the only other explanation it could be if its not mod related ( although i would almost certainly think it is ) would be if you somehow changed your alphabet type and when you did, it wasn't able to do the "ō" properly
    iosfrustrationThacoBell
  • einlanzereinlanzer Member Posts: 8
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    yeah, it looks like a mod messed up your dialog.tlk file

when i open up the dialog file it shows; ninjatō ( which is what it SHOULD look like )

no other whacky characteristics or anything

the only other explanation it could be if its not mod related ( although i would almost certainly think it is ) would be if you somehow changed your alphabet type and when you did, it wasn't able to do the "ō" properly

Well I managed to fix it by changing all the proficiency references to "Exotic Blade".
    sarevok57