Skip to content

I Reviewed Neverwinter Nights EE and Baldur's Gate EE For Switch!

Hey - new forum member, here.
I have a YouTube channel, with the same name as my profile. You can find me with a search. I reviewed the games, and am loving them. Though, getting used to the joystick inputs in Neverwinter and the frame switching using the shoulder buttons could use a little tutorial video -- something showing live what you're doing and how to do it.

I will be streaming a playthrough of Shadows of Undrentide, next year - I'm having such a nostalgia blast with Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

Great versions.

My one nitpick might be the low-res interstitial videos as chapter introductions; but I imagine that's a lack of support on the EA side of things to provide the original video files -- or perhaps they don't exist anymore at all.
A good example would be the intro slide show for the Neverwinter Nights vanilla campaign -- it's muddy, and the upscaling to the Switch looks a little garbled. Luckily, the sound has been enhanced as well -- and when I heard 'THE FROZEN NORTH -- ' I tell you I was brought instantly back to the night I got off work, and installed Neverwinter Nights, and created a character using the actual 3.0 rules.

Good times! :D

This was just to let folks know that I've got a video review of the game up, I'm not posting links. Check me out if you're interested.

I also do a full character generation over there. I think I'll make it a series of helpful tutorials for Switch owners. :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Dan (RetroStation1989)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Welcome and thanks for your reviews!
  • Hey thanks!
    I'm just a massive fan of Neverwinter Nights AND The Undrentide Modules (Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark) AND of the PWs that came after -- I'll be doing a full playthrough next year on Twitch of both Shadows and Hordes. I'm not throwing up links, because I respect this as a fan forum, but I wanted everyone to get a chance to see the games in motion and all.
    Thanks for the reply! :)