Skip to content

Imoen Plot

I am having a tremendous difficulty in figuring out how to rescue Imoen. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm only in chapter 3, but just can't seem to get headed in the right direction. I'm wondering if I screwed up somewhere along the way.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You need to give gaelan bayle (or the "other source") 15000 gold , then he gives you a key that opens a passage inside the shadow thieves hideout in the docks. There, speak to Aran Linvail (theres a secret passage that leads to his room as well) , you'll do a couple of quests and kill a powerful boss in the graveyard, after that return to aran and he'll take you to spellhold, where imoen is.
  • Davidws10Davidws10 Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2019
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    You need to give gaelan bayle (or the "other source") 15000 gold , then he gives you a key that opens a passage inside the shadow thieves hideout in the docks. There, speak to Aran Linvail (theres a secret passage that leads to his room as well) , you'll do a couple of quests and kill a powerful boss in the graveyard, after that return to aran and he'll take you to spellhold, where imoen is.

I'm with you to the point of killing the "powerful boss" in the graveyard. I've been down into the lair under the graveyard and I thought I wiped out everything there, but when I went back to Aran, he didn't do anything for me. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, or just missing something.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Davidws10 If you're comfortable with a bit of spoiling since you are "hitting a wall," I find this website to be excellent. Specifically read the bit "Attack Vampire Guild." http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/walkthrough.html#ch3
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited December 2019
    If it's your first time through, it's pretty easy to use too few (or no) stakes.
    When you've used the correct number (3), Bodhi will show up and give a villainous monologue.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    yes, you kill the vampires, then having stakes in your inventory, that you can find in containers near by or buy in temples, it is possible to "activate" some of the tombs killing the vampire inside of them.
    but it is only possible to activate the tombs after the specific vampires have been killed.

after you have done it, as @jsaving told, bodhi should spawn and only as you defeat her you can go back to aran and advance in the plot.

if needed use the link given by @Quartz to solve this particular issue, but try to play the most of the game less spoiled as possible, it is a gift that a player has only once in the life, we old players that are playing this game since almost 20 years ago secretly envy you, that can live that marvelous adventure living everithing that happens as a surprise... :)
  • Davidws10Davidws10 Member Posts: 13
    Its been a little while since I posted this question, so I wanted to give an update. I had defeated all the vampires and driven in the wooden stakes. I simply missed Bodhi's tomb and didn't get her until I went back. All turned out well. Now, about me: first, I had the original games on CD many years ago (I'm 56 years old now) and couldn't figure out the games to save my life. Back in my late 20's, early 30's I started playing D&D with the original rules. I then progressed into AD&D 2nd edition, and played for many, many years. Instead of buying a corporate AD&D campaign setting, I built up my own. I built up this campaign series to such an extent than it could handle the ultra high-level characters. The main (and final) antagonist in my story was a 31st level Lich Mage who had an Great Wyrm Dracolich (formerly a Red Dragon) as a protector/mount, and evil cohort. I wish I hadn't thrown out all of that stuff several years ago. Looking back, I believe I could've written a nice fantasy novel (or set of novels) from the storyline I had created. Anyways, the whole point of an update was to say I finished the game successfully. I will not say more than that. Thanks again, to everyone who provided assistance.