Skip to content

NWN:EE only runs in Windowed mode

JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
Hey all, long time no see. I sat down today to start up NWN:EE, installed the latest patch, and found, to my surprise, that the game started up in Windowed mode. I've tried adjusting the resolution, changing the nwn.ini settings, and reinstalling the game via the Beamdog client. Nothing seems to help. The game remains in Windowed mode. I would like to get it into Fullscreen, or even better, Borderless Windowed mode (since I think that's an option now?). Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem, or how I might solve it? I'm running Windows 10.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    ALT-ENTER.
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    edited December 2019
    There's some known issues atm. I think the debug menu can help (Ctrl+Shift+F12), or there are fixes in the Development build (8193.2).

Also, nwn.ini isn't used anymore. All these settings got migrated over to settings.tml.
  • RhokarRhokar Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Same problem here. I hope they fix it. It ruins my game, not so much for the window, but that I am used to rotating the camera by holding the mouse middle button and moving the mouse left or right. But now on a Mac, holding the middle button in windowed mode just minimizes the screen.

This seems to have broken with the release of the 8193.3 patch today. Makes no difference if I change it through the config feature to exclusive, borderless, or windowed. I can make it full screen but can't rotate the camera.

@Slyvus_Moonbow , ALT-ENTER no longer works as of this latest patch
    Post edited by Rhokar on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please report any new issues you encounter via our Service Desk, our developers will help you.
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I have the same problems with both the window mode and camera. Settings do nothing.
  • KrivoklatKrivoklat Member Posts: 25
    I have the same.. trying to find the solution or a discussion leading to a solution, but not found one yet.

Game -only- works in window'ed mode, and even when I shift into 'fullscreen' mode the game still LOOKS like it is in window'ed mode with a white bar at the top of the screen showing the NWN thumbnail logo and the build number v79.8193.5

this never goes away.
    My full screen mode seems to do nothing also. It also prevents me from using any resolution that is 16x9. I have just given up on this game. I have a feeling this bug will just be ignored.
  • TM5000TM5000 Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2019
    ALT + Enter worked for me running 8193.5 on Windows 10.

Then Options: Video Options: Resolution. Set res to fit the screen and I am back in business!

Try it- let me know if it works for anyone else.
    Now it is working in fullscreen. The only thing I did differently is I started the game directly instead of using the Beamdog Client. I didn't change anything or open anything. Just loaded directly. The game started in fullscreen the first time I tried. Loading from the Beamdog Client causes it to not work in fullscreen.
    I just checked for an update and installed it. Fullscreen now works with the Beamdog Client also. The problem seems fixed. Honestly I didn't expect anything for at least another year or longer. Helps restore some of my faith in the company after recent events.