Skip to content

Improved Invisibility

According to the wiki, it's for sale in Ulgoth's Beard. Has anyone found it for sale or as a loot drop elsewhere?

Comments

• darknickdarknick Member Posts: 19
    just bought 2 minutes ago, i can say the wiki is right, ulgoth beard tavern
    sarevok57Aerakar
  • darknickdarknick Member Posts: 19
    in all the game except baldur's gate city (not enter in it) i never found it elsewhere (i play on bg ee, ps4)
  • Antarean0475Antarean0475 Member Posts: 14
    You should have played a sorcerer. :|
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    You should have played a sorcerer. :|

Can't multi with one.

Fighter/Mage wielding Icingdeath, Wand of Fire, Batalista's Passport, and Robe of Fire Resistance, with the plan of turning invisible, walking into the middle of a crowd of badguys, and detonating fireballs at his own feet. Would like it to be repeatable.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Mages (and sorcerers) can use a very long-lasting spell giving 100% fire protection, so the availability of fire protection items need not be that important to them. If you want permanent protection though you could consider the Dragon Disciple - they eventually get 100% natural resistance (50% by the end of BGEE).
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    The issue isn’t the fire resistance, it’s staying invisible while dropping repeated fireballs.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited December 2019
    I was commenting on whether you need access to Icingdeath to give you fire resistance - as you don't you might have preferred a sorcerer or pure mage to a multi-class as they will be able to cast the improved invisibility spell earlier.

Incidentally, improved invisibility does not keep you fully invisible if you use a wand of fire (or do any other aggressive action). You will therefore be attacked if you fireball enemies while among them. Good AC, stoneskins and moving between attacks can prevent you being hurt, but if you were aiming to avoid any retaliation you can just scout enemies location while invisible and fireball them from out of sight range.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar