Skip to content

Can't finish Aldeth Sashenstar quest

I have killed all the dopplegangers yet Aldath and the gaurd keep saying there are more left. I have searched all three levels and there are none left. Have others run into this?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    This happens to me quite often. It's easier to avoid if you end the quest by fighting all the doppelgangers on the top floor (give the letters to Aldeth). There's a bug I noticed where if any of the doppelgangers are killed by an NPC it doesn't count. There's 16 doppelgangers in total, so you should keep count as you're killing them.

Alternatively, if you're playing on PC you can use the console: SetGlobal("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",16)
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    How do you activate the console to set that line?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Go to your Documents folder and open your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition folder. There's a file called baldur.lua that you can open via Notepad and find the line:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','0')
    Change 0 to 1, go into game and Ctrl+Space to open the console and type: C:SetGlobal("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",16)
    That did it!

Thanks allot Artemius_I!
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    I opened baldur.lua with Notepad and read through all the "SetPrivateProfileString" settings and did not find one for "Debug Mode".
    I'm playing via Steam, if it matters.
    Questions:
    -Can I write the entire line in to the mix and have it work?
    - if so, can I just add it in at the end or does it need to follow any other specific text already in the file?

Thanks Much.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    How did you kill the dopplegangers? Did you shatter (freeze) any of them? Perhaps kill many of them at the same time using a fireball for example?

Finally do you have a save showing this issue?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I find if any guards kill a doppleganger or you freeze them, it doesn't count the kill. It was very repeatable. I am using like 5 saves at different points so that if a guard kills a DG I need to reload (to this day I take the precautions).

Is 100% reproducible. Weaken a DG and let one of the guard NPCs finish it off. Can't finish the quest at this point.