Skip to content

Does petrifaction cause loss of level?

Jahiera has spells memorized that she can't cast! And their is no "slot" for the "extra" memorized spell, 3 memorized, 2 available. She got hit with a petrifaction recently, and earlier a level drain. all fixed of course. problem is I stopped playing for a couple weeks and don't even remember memorizing anything.

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I don’t think so, sounds like a problem with level drain, have you had restoration cast on her?
    ThacoBellsarevok57
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    edited November 2019
    I really hope this is level drain related. Awesome divine vs arcane role play potential!
    A level 8 Druid is granted two level 4 spells per day by her deity
    A level 7 Druid is granted one level 4 spells per day by her deity
    If your level 8 Druid is level drained to level 7 the extra spell is not forgotten because divine casters don’t “memorise” spells, they pray to their deity for them.
    Of course; being BG2 it’s much more likely this is a bug.
    Or alternatively a few magic items (actually only one item that I can think of) grant extra Druid spells, removing these sometimes leaves the spell, but removes the ability to cast it.
    Post edited by iosfrustration on
  • IrkedMaxIrkedMax Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019
    She previously had a restoration cast on her. It appears she somehow lost a level 7 spell slot. they must have taken away experience points for some reason.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    IrkedMax wrote: »
    She previously had a restoration cast on her. It appears she somehow lost a level 7 spell slot. they must have taken away experience points for some reason.

Greater or lesser restoration? I don't recall exactly how it works, but you might not have restored all the missing levels. Try hitting her with another restoration.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Is it possible that you changed your mods in the meantime or that you opened the wrong save-game?
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    A few possibilities:
    Jaheira had some key item granting wisdom or extra divine spells: on petrification, it was automatically removed. I can't think of anything that'd actually do this without mods, though: usually only things like bags of holding or plot-critical items are automatically moved on petrification/freeze/disintegration/Imprisonment.
    On rejoin, a script fired that gave her her normal spell loadout, instead of the one she had when she was petrified. I... don't think this is possible, frankly, but it could be?
    Petrifying a level-drained character results in a permanent level-drain? Also almost certainly not the case.
    Items applying in an incorrect order? Much like having to re-equip STR boosting equipment if cleric spells that set STR to 18/00, maybe you have both an item that sets her WIS higher as well as an item that gives her WIS a boost?
    Is there a save-file we can look at to see to check which of these might be the case?
  • IrkedMaxIrkedMax Member Posts: 3
    Is it possible that you changed your mods in the meantime or that you opened the wrong save-game?

No, no mods.
    Lessor restoration.
    I'll look for a save.
  • PotheadHairyPotheadHairy Member Posts: 1
    Sorry had to create a new account because i was high.
    I was Irkedmax, dam I liked that name too. Anyway, I figured out the problem, she has a freaking useless staff that let her memorize extra spells that she forgets when she changes to her real weapon.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    So much nonsense packed into one small thread.