Skip to content

Questions about Anomen (spoilers)

How viable is Chaotic Neutral Anomen in your party? I know he isn't nearly as good as Lawful Good Anomen who passes the trial, but I'm sure with equipment, spells, and potions he can become a viable combat character. I'm more concerned with him attacking party members or leaving the party due to conflicts.

I planned on playing a chaotic neutral assassin and I've never played Anomen's chaotic neutral route. I can't imagine an assassin recommending the lawful good route to Anomen in his quest and I'd like to see how his storyline and romance turns out.

The party I wanted to do was me (Halfling Chaotic Neutral assassin), Anomen (failed knight test), Edwin, Haer'Dalis and Cernd since they're all characters I've rarely had the opportunity to use in previous playthroughs.
gorgonzolaAerakar

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    as long as you don't make fun of anomen when he fails, he will pretty much match any party he is in ( he even has different banter with the fallen paladins in the bridge district if he has failed his test )

also, since you are a halfling i dont think you can romance him, so you shouldn't have to worry about that, from what i remember during his romance is you really have to walk on some egg shells if he stays chaotic neutral or else he turns hostile or leaves the team

but other than that, chaotic neutral anomen is pretty much the same as lawful good anomen minus some level 1 and 2 spells ( i believe he only gets 2 more level 1 and level 2 cleric spells, so it's not really the end of the world )

the only thing to watch for with your current group set up is make sure you REP doesn't hit above 17 or else edwin will leave your group ( any neutral character will stick around at REP 20, but not evil ones )
    ilduderinogorgonzolaAerakar
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    anomen is a very strong character anyway, even without those few spells more, but only if you learn how to buff him properly.
    he is a lev 7 fighter so will hit frequently only in the first part of soa, then his cleric thac0 will override the fighter's one and in late soa and tob will hit way less frequently, and if you have him using 2 weapons it is even worst.
    the fix is to buff him with Holy Power, Righteous Magic, and Draw Upon Holy Might, cast them in that order.
    DUHM has a short duration and in long fights should be cast again as it expires, but having a short casting time it is not a problem.
    the buff gives to him maxed damage roll, very high strength, up to 25 (+7 thac0 +14 dmg), some more HP and the same thac0 of a fighter of his cleric level.
    this make him one of the hardest hitters of the game even in late ToB, where buffed and with the right items and weapons will have a thac0 way in the negative range (the lower it is the better it is).

and don't forget to use his turn undead, can make some battles against vampires and other undeads very easy, cast on him sanctuary to make him invisible, then turn on his ability and send him forward.
    enjoy the fireworks, all undeads will explode or at least try to run away, while the rest of the party take them down with ranged weapons.

you will have fun with him.

(as this is your first post i don't know if you did already know all this stuff, but better give some not needed hints that miss some that can be really useful... :) ).
    Aerakar