Skip to content

What makes sequencers so great?

It's my first playthrough so I'm just going to pick spells that appeal to me anyway but i,'ve heard good things about the sequencer... It doesn't have n effect by itself but allows you to cast multiple spells simultaneously? If my front lines are holding back the hordes though, can't I just cast another spell after that anyway, my caster isn't in a rush?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so what a sequencer does ( depending on level of sequencer ) allows you to store X amount of spells up to X level

so for example;

lets say you cast spell sequencer;

this will allow you to store up to 3 spells of 4th level or lower, so lets say you store; 3 fireballs

after the spell is complete you will notice that the sequencer is stored in your "special abilities" button

and all you have to do to use the sequencer is select it, then target a creature with it, and at casting time 1 ( or even 0 ) all three spells will come out at once
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 123
    Cast simultaneously and cast near instantly. Not necessary to beat the game but can make battles a lot easier. They're fun to play around with as well. There are obvious combos like 3 attacks/summons/status spells but you can also do things like store Invisibility 10' radius and have instant area invisibility. I especially like doing this with Contingencies, have them cast area Invisibility on hit, allowing you to move to a safer location before continuing the battle. Cleric/mages can also put in cleric spells so they can make some pretty interesting combinations.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Sequencers are also great for "bunker busting" spell combos, useful against high-level Mages that have a lot of defensive spells up. Comboing a Pierce Magic + Breach + Lower Resistance together is usually sufficient to break through whatever defenses such Mages (or powerful creatures like Dragons or Outsiders) have up so your melee types can go to town on them.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2020
    '... my caster isn't in a rush'

That's a new one...
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    If you enjoy playing on a difficulty level where your front line has no trouble holding back enemies and your casters aren't worried about waiting a round to cast another spell, then you aren't going to need sequencers.
    LeaderBee
  • LeaderBeeLeaderBee Member Posts: 27
    Thanks, there's occasions where someone dies but it's just a case of try again with different tactics, just made it to chapter 6 and now starting heart of winter before returning to the main quest.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sequencers are also especially useful for cleric/mages because they let you store cleric spells, as well.
    Katzerchen
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I use sequencers for the flavour, like casting three lightning bolts in a row.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    I use sequencers for the flavour, like casting three lightning bolts in a row.

Three skull traps can be devastating to just about any living enemies!

You do have me wondering about the potential collateral damage of three simultaneous lightning bolts now though. Try that in a dungeon. Yikes!
    DJKajuruilduderinoSCARY_WIZARDHafir
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Make sure you drink a Potion of Absorption and then stand right next to your hapless enemy for maximum lulz factor. ;)
    Balrog99DJKajuruilduderinoSCARY_WIZARD
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I said that it's mostly for the flavour because by the time you reach a 7th level spell three lightning bolts ain't the powerful thing you have, but it sure feels badass to do it.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    3 summons sequencer is very usefull in the begining of the final battle with Belhifet, you can cast it to distract and move for the better position down bottom out of the traps
    Aerakar