Skip to content

Jaheira Selection/Unable to Select Bug.

So I think I found a bug with Jaheira. Basically after Adelon transports us to the ruins after the Underdark and we fight the Drow, Jaheira disappears. I can still select her as a character with the portrait but selecting her to walk around does not work. She's stuck in the same location where we transported into from.

Any way to fix this? I've tried killing her then resurrecting her, no dice. This is VERY frustrating...any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited January 2020
    You can try "CTRL-J" to teleport her. If you don't have console commands active, there's threads around here that show you how.

*edit* Also, if you double click on her portrait, does the game go to her location? She should be able to walk out of the underdark. Teleporting isn't necessary to leave, or go back.
  • EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    Sorry, should've mentioned this, I'm playing on my ipad...when I click on her portrait the game doesn't go to her location. I'm thinking of porting a previous saved game (when actually in the underdark) then seeing if it's still doing that. Then porting it back over if it works.
    edited January 2020
    Check out this pic: 4i77o1xdubju.png
    Also, we were all teleported via the silver dragon...after I gave her back her eggs and got that decent cross bow. :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    my only guess is to why this may have happened is because you might have a setting on called; scroll out of bounds

im not sure if that option is for ipad, but someone else was having a situation almost similar to this and what was happening was their characters were getting stuck in the "out of bounds" parts

so if you can go back to an earlier save where jaheira isn't in "invisible mode" and if that is an option ( scroll out of bounds )

try turning that option off and see if that helps make it so your characters dont just randomly disappear any more
    That didn’t work. Maybe I’ll check out that control j trick w my iPad and see if that works.
    sarevok57
    I believe I fixed it. Just Polymophed w Jaheira and bam she popped back into existence. lol. Hilarious.
    sarevok57gorgonzola
    Update: so when I turn back into jaheria shows chunks again. Character model is gone. Grrrrrrrrr
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited January 2020
    I'm pretty sure Jaheria's animation somehow got permanently "chunked" - which is odd, as she's still alive. From what I can tell, nothing short of savegame editing can restore the proper animation.

If you long press the quicksave button on the world screen you should be able to email yourself the save. If you upload that save here, I can fix it for you.
    gorgonzola
    edited January 2020
    https://dropbox.com/s/xe669bdb7c730le/000000001-Quick-Save-4.bg2save?dl=0

Try this. Thx so much. Also, dunno if this will affect anything but Imoen’s Armour and colours don’t show up properly either. Any issues w this or should it be ok?
    Post edited by Endlesswave on
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    All fixed! I reset Jaheira's animation and armor colors back to what they are supposed to be. The game indeed "chunked" her as if she died from an extreme amount of damage, (without the death part).

Since the forum is a bit picky with file types I've uploaded a .zip - when you download the attachment change the extension to .bg2save. Should be able to email yourself the edited save and import it back to your ipad; let me know if it worked. :)
    EndlesswaveGusinda
    Thx so much! I'll let you know if this works. How did you fix it so if it happens again I could do it? You mod it?