Skip to content

GOG Galaxy 2.0

CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
edited January 2020 in Off-Topic
Hello to all,

I've been toying with the new shiny GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher today and it's amazing! Connecting all stores to one launcher is as simple as one click and fill login/password. And that's it.

I was wondering though, has anyone tried to integrate Beamdog Launcher to GOG Galaxy 2.0? Is there even a possibility to do that?

If not, @JuliusBorisov are there any plans to add possibility to integrate Beamdog launcher into GOG Galaxy 2.0? It would be super cool. From what I understand it's not possible to launch version purchased at Beamdog directly through GOG launcher, because it will *still* open BD launcher, but having all games in one place would be immensely helpful.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Still waiting on native Linux support for their launcher. Knowing GOG this will not happen until GOG Galaxy 4.5 though.... *sigh*
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Still waiting on native Linux support for their launcher. Knowing GOG this will not happen until GOG Galaxy 4.5 though.... *sigh*

Don't worry it will come along with the possibility to connect with your fridge and washing machine. Just kidding :) I wasn't aware that launcher does not work for Linux :( What exactly do you mean as "native support"? Does it mean it doesn't work at all at the moment or it does work, but without full functionality?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Native support just means that: a version of the program that is made specificly for Linux - as in not for Windows or Mac.

GOG Galaxy only ever had Windows and Mac as supported platforms. They've been officially “planning“ to do a Linux version since their announcement of the first Galaxy back in 2014. Gamers on Linux had been waited now for six years and there's still no end in sight. Up until now Linux support had been wishlisted in the thousands, yet GOG has not acted on their initial promise. It's no surprise that things had been sour on reddit for a while now.

The only way to even use Galaxy 2.0 on a Linux distro is via Lutris. Less hassle than tinkering with Wine itself. The overall performance though is... not stellar. Some games won't even start. Which makes having official native that much more important.