Skip to content

Work-around for iPad/Bluetooth keyboard going away (BG:EE and IWD/HOW)

This applies to both Baldur’s Gate and Ice Wind Dale on iPad/iOS. If you use a Bluetooth keyboard, you may run into an issue where the keyboard stops working in the game after a while. The game is working fine otherwise and the keyboard works fine in other apps, but not in BG/IWD. And once it gets into this state, restarting the game, disconnecting/reconnecting the keyboard won’t help.

Hopefully we can get a fix for this at some in the future, but fortunately, I have found a work-around: if you get into this state, go to a character sheet, select Customize and then edit the characters biography. In the text window, the keyboard should start working again. Once you do this, you should be able to return the game and shortcuts will once again work too.

Comments

• KogoKogo Member Posts: 33
    Curious on the topic of ipads: how old an ipad can you run bg:ee with smoothly?
  • SolmageSolmage Member Posts: 31
    iPad Air 2 (2014) - runs fairly well

iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) - runs ultra smoothly

If there’s any interest I can try to borrow a friends iPad 4, but these two should give you a good idea.
  • KogoKogo Member Posts: 33
    Solmage wrote: »
    iPad Air 2 (2014) - runs fairly well

iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) - runs ultra smoothly

If there’s any interest I can try to borrow a friends iPad 4, but these two should give you a good idea.

Thanks, that gives me a fair idea. I think our ipad is from 2014.