Skip to content

Importing BG EE NPC stats

Is there a way to have a character's stats and skills imported from BGEE or define the Skills when they first join the party.

For example giving Imoen the tome of Intel in BGEE and her BGII character reflecting this. Same with the weapon and thief skills. What would be ideal is if the import game imported all the character stats not just yours.

I know you can sort of do this by running as a multiplayer game and create each character but from what I understand that doesn't cleanly work with each characters BGII story line.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can't do this for npcs.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You can't do it with just the game, but you can use external tools like EEKeeper to modify your NPCs in whatever way you like.

I always play with full custom parties, but I enjoy the NPC quests, banter, romance, etc. so I don't want to play multiplayer. Instead, I use EEKeeper to modify the NPCs I recruit to be whatever I want them to be. You can give them any stats and make them any class, race, gender, etc. and the game won't really care.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Improving an npc's stats is fairly simple if you've got the console enabled - just create the relevant tomes into your inventory.
    When I'm starting a party in BG2 I sometimes manage to convince myself that I found all the tomes in BG1 but didn't use them at the time!
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yeah, BioWare and then Beamdog decided not to let NPC stats carry over, which is a shame if you're doing a full run-through and wanting to use tomes to help your companions. As others are saying your best option is to console/keeper the stats you want and then go from there.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    jsaving wrote: »
    Yeah, BioWare and then Beamdog decided not to let NPC stats carry over, which is a shame if you're doing a full run-through and wanting to use tomes to help your companions. As others are saying your best option is to console/keeper the stats you want and then go from there.

I think this had more to do with limitations at the time, than a concious choice to not do something that was easily doable.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    Ok. Thanks all. Now where's that feature request forum :)