Skip to content

Some spells and HLAs not working

Hi guys, I am noticing during this playthrough that some spells and now HLAs are not working - or don't seem to be.

The HLAs that don't work are just on my PC. They don't even show up in my abilities list. I'm a Cleric and have selected both Energy Blades and Storm of Vengeance but neither is available to use. I just finished Watchers Keep - heading back to destroy Bhodi once and for all. Is it maybe because I am in that 'in-between state' without my Bhaal essence?

The spells I am not seeing work are:

Gate: I cast the spell, nothing happens.

Invisible Stalker: I cast the spell, and he shows up but I have no control and he doesn't appear to do anything - just kinda follows us around.

Thoughts?

CT

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Seems your modded setup needs checking. Uninstall mods one by one and find the culprit.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited December 2019
    Still trying to work through this issue w/o my HLAs. I'm afraid to go back and uninstall - too far into my no-reload to run to risk having to start over. I waited until I got my soul back from Irenicus, thinking that might open them up. No dice. I'm at Saradush, these HLAs would be nice.

I was trying to check it out in EE Keeper. Here's a couple of screenshots I took this morning. @JuliusBorisov, does this tell you anything? The second one is what is reflected if I open the HLA Energy Blades, which is assigned to the character, but not available. Anyone?

irhn58v7cdxm.png
    e1becsjur6pb.png

Thanks, CT
    Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Still trying to work through this issue w/o my HLAs. I'm afraid to go back and uninstall - too far into my no-reload to run to risk having to start over. I waited until I got my soul back from Irenicus, thinking that might open them up. No dice. I'm at Saradush, these HLAs would be nice.

I was trying to check it out in EE Keeper. Here's a couple of screenshots I took this morning. @JuliusBorisov, does this tell you anything? The second one is what is reflected if I open the HLA Energy Blades, which is assigned to the character, but not available. Anyone?

irhn58v7cdxm.png
    e1becsjur6pb.png

Thanks, CT

this is exactly what i have for my character who has energy blades

can you upload a copy of your save game and then i will see if i am having the same issue ( since i have clean install with no mods )
    edited December 2019
    sarevok57 wrote: »

can you upload a copy of your save game and then i will see if i am having the same issue ( since i have clean install with no mods )

I am happy to upload it but you might need to tell me how to do that. I can get to the folder but I don't know how to upload the save folder to the forum. I upload screenshots all the time. I tried with a save game before and I gave up. Here's what I am seeing.

pfzrozop3aco.png

h4ycz022tc5p.png

Is there a particular file that would be helpful? Sorry, I just don't know what to do to get it to you.

CT

P.S. It's happening with ALL my PC (Cleric) HLAs.

right hand click on the file 000000077-Saradush and select "add to archive" ( you will need winrar or winzip to do so )

once you turn the file into a zip type file just use the "attach file" button ( icon looks like a piece of paper with one corner folded in ) and in theory all should be good
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    edited December 2019
    It would be good if you could include your weidu log as well I think- or just cut & paste it into a spoiler here. It might be as simple as one of the mods delaying HLAs for some reason. Do other party members have them?
    edited December 2019
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    right hand click on the file 000000077-Saradush and select "add to archive" ( you will need winrar or winzip to do so )

once you turn the file into a zip type file just use the "attach file" button ( icon looks like a piece of paper with one corner folded in ) and in theory all should be good

I think these are it! Pretty sure that's the weidu fle.

I know how to install mods to get my game how I like it but I don't know how any of it works. :/
  • Mantis37 wrote: »
    It would be good if you could include your weidu log as well I think- or just cut & paste it into a spoiler here. It might be as simple as one of the mods delaying HLAs for some reason. Do other party members have them?

Yes. All the others (NPCs) HLAs are working fine, it's just my PC.
    @CharlestonianTemplar

so i loaded up your save game and see that is it heavily modded

the reason why you HLA aren't working for your character could be the fact that your "cleric" is actually a fighter class ( if you are talking about your charname ) you said they were working for everybody else, i also noticed that the only "cleric" you have on your team, has energy blades;
    xzbj9a8edapr.jpg

so your issue is definitely a mod issue
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Deities of Faerun looks to be the likely suspect here. Ask here:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30780-kit-pack-deities-of-faerûn-bgee-bg2ee-iwdee-and-eet/

and look in the thread on this forum.
  • sarevok57 wrote: »
    @CharlestonianTemplar

so I loaded up your save game and see that is it heavily modded

the reason why you HLA aren't working for your character could be the fact that your "cleric" is actually a fighter class ( if you are talking about your charname ) you said they were working for everybody else, i also noticed that the only "cleric" you have on your team, has energy blades;
    xzbj9a8edapr.jpg

Thank you.

Yes, the kit my Cleric uses is 'Holy Justice of Tyr', very fighter oriented. It makes sense that that could be the issue.

Thank you for looking into it for me. Oh well, hopefully, I can get through this run without them. CT
  • Mantis37 wrote: »
    Deities of Faerun looks to be the likely suspect here. Ask here:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30780-kit-pack-deities-of-faerûn-bgee-bg2ee-iwdee-and-eet/

and look in the thread on this forum.

It is. I love the kits he made, unfortunately, @raduziel seems to be gone from these forums now.

Thank you for providing me the link to contact him. CT
  • sarevok57 wrote: »
    @CharlestonianTemplar

so i loaded up your save game and see that is it heavily modded

Actually I made a mistake.

This is my first extensive use of BGIIEE. When I select HLAs on level-up, they are added to my level 7 spells.

Pretty sure that's not how it worked in vanilla SoS/ToB.

Cc: @Mantis37