Skip to content

Cannot download the game from beamdog anymore...

Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
Hi,

My old versions of SOD/BGEE/BG2EE had some issues. So i decided it was time to do a fresh re-install.
So i uninstalled them all, deleted all extra not un-installed and went to Beamdog.com.

But there is no install links.
I click my account, it automatocly takes me to my game sections(Account/games).
Here i have BGEE, SOD, BG2EE. But there is no install links...

I saw there was a new beamdog client. Do i need to use this? I HATE to use game clients, i wanna mod my game. There is no use for me to play true theese games for the 50th times without my selfmade kits.

So is there any way to download this from beamdog? I bought the games, why can i not install them anymore?

I even tried to install this beamdog client which i by the way not wanna use, cause im pretty sure it wont let me mod my game like every other shit game client. But apperently its not able to find node.dll amount other .dll files.

I only have a few hours free time each day, rest is kids time, they dont even sleep at night, i was postphoning the re-install due to the long time it takes, but this is way worse, hours flying out the window without any baldurs gates on my pc.

PC is windows 10. Always worked before.
There is no link for windows download, only android/apple links are clickable, windows etc is only "gray" and is not links...

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Not sure why you can't download them. You should probably post this in "troubleshooting" to get more attention to the issue. As for the client, yeah. You can totally mod the games and load them through it. I use the client and my BG games are modded pretty heavily.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please check out about the Beamdog Client (and legacy launchers) here: https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_faq

If you have issues with the Beamdog Account, please reach out to our support here: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    edited January 2020
    Please check out about the Beamdog Client (and legacy launchers) here: https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_faq

If you have issues with the Beamdog Account, please reach out to our support here: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Well, so I did that several hours ago, so far only answere is that its beeing looked into.
    Meanwhile i have tried this:
    https://appuals.com/fix-node-dll-missing/
    Part 1 and 2 works, but when trying last part i get same message as steve prud'homme in the comment field.
    I also did try a scan and cleanprogram.
    I also did try as a guy on youtube said, go into "microsofts download center", seached for: "Directx end-user Runtime Web Installer" and downloaded that.
    I went into ur link with FAQ: Tried downloading the older client. Server seems disabled/removed or so.
    I also tried the direct baldurs gate EE client, also failed.

Im kinda out of options here... Next part is to remove write protection on the entire windows folder and see if this Node.DLL file finds its way. Its currently not found on my pc by search, or by command promt or by looking in the system 32 folder. (maby it pops up if i turn off write protection on that folder?)

Edit:
    Even downloaded a node.dll file now, threw it into system32. Did not work still xD

c8vwsRv.png
    HJBK9wC.png
    iiSKAgo.png
    ZZWS9L5.png
    TLSDyO3.png
    BD1KS8t.png
    b9Gh5o9.png
    EEfAv6w.png

edited January 2020
    Well, now i put both the missing files in the folder for the beamdog client. Both in main folder and in the folder were the program itself lies. Got rid of the fault messages claiming to miss files, but got a new one instead. It plainly just dont work...
    Maby the files i downloaded is for 64bit instead of 32bit. Dno.
    "the program could not start properly(000000xSMT), click OK to exit.
    u9MaF4s.png

If i try to download the client on one of the 2 other pc's, they are both newer, and install it there, maby i can just copy it dno xD? I cannot play much on those since wife's laptop, and gamer pc is stationary in the basement, which means wife is also using that a lot xD
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You are using an old legacy launcher. Please follow the link and download the Beamdog Client.
    edited January 2020
    You are using an old legacy launcher. Please follow the link and download the Beamdog Client.

lol seems like i was, something failed to open it last time i tried, so i guessed instead of downloading it again i just search for it on my computer and take it from there.
    Seems to work so far :)

QpZv0tf.png

Thank you so much for resovling the problem for me :)

Bonus question :P
    I wanna install some mods on all 3 of them.
    What is best way/sequence: Like this: Installing all 3, start with 1, then 2, then SOD, then update SOD, then 1 and then 2? Then install mods? xD
    JuliusBorisov
    You should update with SoD and then install mods.
    You should update with SoD and then install mods.

Thanks.

Now for the mods.
    I put weidu and override folder in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766
    and the other numbers for the other games. (same folder as chitin.key)

Where do i install the mods when having this new beamdog client. I used to put them in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\Data
    Is that still the correct place?

I guess i can test on BG1EE as i can play BG1EE via SOD if i fuck up something.
    You can open the game location from the Beamdog Client to be sure, but the path looks alright. You can also copy/paste the whole game folder and launch the game directly from .exe - if you want to have multiple installs on the same device (with different setups, eg. modded and unmodded).