Skip to content

Teleport Spell for BG2EE: EET Compatible?

EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
edited January 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Greetings, all!

I recently found this teleport spell mod for BG2EE and was curious if it's EET compatible. I think so, but I want to ensure it is.

Also, what's the mod name on the Project Infinity list? (It's Teleport, but it requires downloading the files from Sorcerer's Place then replacing the setup with the setup file in that post OR download the file from this post since I packed everything for this mod in one zip!)

Thankee!
Post edited by Endarire on

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    If you use PI, you don't have to do any of the above. Just download and extract.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2020
    It is compatible with the base BG2EE game. Compatibility with mods, especially ones that that affect ch 4-6 events, potentially might run into issues.

I haven't had any problems with it yet other than one or two minor dialog oddities (i.e. it's possible to complete the Vorpal sword earlier than ch6 with Teleport, which might result an inappropriate dialog from the githyanki chasing you for just a shard)
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Holy crap, is that the mythical teleport without error?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I'm willing to accept minor dialog bugs for the sake of finally being able to teleport as an arcane caster! Alleluia!
    edited January 2020
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Holy crap, is that the mythical teleport without error?

Yes, with this mod it's introduced to the game as a level 7 spell scroll learnable by the party. Most areas in vanilla Bg2 and ToB are accessible via the spell if you've visited prior.

In EET, does this spell allow visiting of discovered BG1/SoD areas?
    edited January 2020
    The mod was intended for SoA and ToB (the spell requires a level 14 mage in the party); there is no BG1 or SoD content. It might be an interesting project to extend the mod to accommodate revisiting bg1/soD areas; this isn't a trivial amount of work, as I believe it requires tweaking each and every area that can be teleported to.
    I tested this mod and found these things:

-It works on EET.

-You can use it to warp to places you've visited. The author made it very handy for quickly visiting certain important vanilla locations like Gaelan Bayle's House in Athkatla in SoA.

-It allows warping to the mainland during the Brynnlaw/Spellhold/Underdark part of the game. This is useful for testing various NPCs' responses to events in these areas.

Enjoy!

PS: A very big THANK YOU to all those who were involved in making this mod work properly in English on EET! Alleluia!
    edited January 4
    Personally I think this mod can be very useful for saving time and add realism, given that you're supposed at least pretending to be under time pressure through various parts of the story (even if the gameplay actually ignores that element for the most part...) saving days of traveling time would be indispensable for a character that's in critical hurry.

However it can introduces oddities with the storyline and potential bugs during the chapters where you're supposed to be stuck in the Underdark. An easy lore friendly solution I've implemented is to disable the spell in UD areas - after all the Underdark in the Forgotten Realms is notorious for the presence of Faerzress, a type of magical radiation that can interfere with teleportation magic.
    https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Faerzress