Skip to content

Jastey's Ajantis Mods Thread

2»

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Ajantis BG1 Expansion updated to v14!

Version 14 comes with an additional after-Sarevok dialogue which will show for BGT and in the EE in case the Endless Bg1 mod is installed (i.e. the game remains in BG1 after Sarevok's death), a fix for the romance after-Korlasz dialogue in SoD, and a .ini with mod info.

The mod is now also available from GitHub: Download Ajantis BG1 Expansion from the official G3 GitHub Site.

Changes:

+ added after-Sarevok death dialogue which will only trigger if game remains in BG1 (BGT or EE with e.g. Endless BG1 Mod).
    + after Korlasz romance dialogue should trigger correctly
    + added ajantisbg1.ini with mod info
    + added folder libiconv-1.9.2-1-src.7z with iconv licence info
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    I first played Jastey's BG1 Ajantis friendship mod, along with Ajantis in the BG1NPC Project, about five years ago. I still remember it pretty vividly, and Jastey does an excellent job of making Ajantis into a charming character without having him hog the spotlight like other NPC mods. For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend giving her mods a try - Ajantis makes for a worthy addition to any playthrough.
    Thank you very much for the kind words, @Cirosan !
    Ajantis BG1 updates to v16!

Changes:
    -compatibility and crossmod content with Transitions Mod
    -(SoD) for romance case (romance from BG1NPC Project), Ajantis' Farewell DisplayStringHeads in Korlasz' Crypt will be disabled.
    -(SoD) Ajantis' DisplayStringHead Farewell phrase about going to Warerdeep will be changed to going to Athkatla.
    -Added Dynamic Install Order categories to support Project Infinity.
    -infer_charset corrected to infer_charsets in tp2.
    Ajantis BG1 updates to v18.1!

Changelog:

-more compatibility with Transitions and EndlessBG1: Ajantis should not say farewell after Korlasz' Dungeon if it was done in BG1.
    -more compatibility with EndlessBG1: Ajantis should say his good-bye upon transitions to SoD or BGII; Ajantis should comment in Korlasz' Dungeon.
    -Added globally unique LABELs to support Project Infinity.
    Ajantis BG1 updates to v18.2!

Changelog:
    -Crossmod with EndlessBG1: Ajantis will say farewell lines for direct BGII transition, too.
    -Adjusted check for EndlessBG1 so DEBUG file does not state crossmod was installed if EndlessBG1 "Koralsz Tomb in BG1" component is not installed.
    Ajantis BG1 updates to v18.3! Installation should work without EndlessBG1 if Brandock the Mage is installed, too.

Changelog:

-Fixed install error if EndlessBG1 is not installed.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    I love that there is a continuation with Ajantis into SoD to tie Bg1 and Bg2 together. Thank you!
    @Fina92 thanks! The letters are not much, but it's better than hearing nothing from the PC's lover for the whole campaign.
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2022
    jastey wrote: »
    For all games that do not end with Sarevok's death, there is new content after his defeat available.

How do you end the game without killing Sarevok? Isn't that kind of required for the story? :|

edited August 2022
    @kimmuryiel that's not what this means, but the game going on after Sarevok's death, i.e. remaining in the BG1 world. BGT does it, and for the EE there is mods.
    Post edited by jastey on
    Ajantis BG1 Expansion updates to v19! Ajantis now joins and stays in SoD as well. The mod also adds a line to the original Ajantis-Dorn conflict in BG:EE to be able to keep Ajantis and reject Dorn.

For Ajantis' reactions to SoD game events, the mod assumes that the tracking system of Road to Discovery is installed, so the main compaonent of RtD (2nd component) should be installed in your game to see all his reactions.

Changelog:

-Ajantis as a joinable NPC for SoD added.
    -Some more interjections in BG1.
    -Added line to original Ajantis-Dorn conflict with the possibility to keep Ajantis and reject Dorn.
    -Ajantis BG1 friendship track should not trigger for romanceable PC if rep is too low.

The mod updates to v19.1!

Changelog:

-Fixed install error for BG1NPC' Ajantis shield crossmod compatibility.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Great ! Imoen, and now Ajantis ! I hope Brandock will soon follow :-)

RtD is meant to be installed after Ajantis right ?
    Yes, RtD after the other SoD mods so it can tagg any added reply options, too.

Brandock was already updated with SoD content. ;-) There is just no thread here at BD's.

Thanks for your interest!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Yes, RtD after the other SoD mods so it can tagg any added reply options, too.

Brandock was already updated with SoD content. ;-) There is just no thread here at BD's.

Thanks for your interest!
    Great news !
    Time to gather Ajantis, Brage, Imoen, Brandock and find a good class to go with them.
    Sounds like a plan! I hope you enjoy the mods.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 879
    -Ajantis as a joinable NPC for SoD added.

Excellent! Thank you. B)

(One of the frustrating things about SoD is the limited range of companions from which to choose. )
    Thanks!
    Ajantis in SoD started as a "One-Day_NPC" idea (back in the days it was a competition: code a full NPC in one day) with which I was testing the usefulness of my [self promotion]Biff the Understudy SoD Tutorial NPC [/self promotion] as a template for an own NPC, but he surely grew into a full-fletched NPC for this release.
    edited April 2023
    --wrong thread.
    AjantisBG1 Expansion (including Ajantis for SoD!) updates to v 19.2!
    Changelog:
    -Fixed install error for French version.
    -Corrected patching of scripts for compatibility with EndlessBG1 (no notable bug for players).
    -Comment on being arrested should also fire if Candlekeep is visited early via Framed mod.
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 38
    Hi Jastey. This is the mod that contains the Golden Orb quest, correct? I got it from Firkraag's wizard, but haven't been able to crack it. The only person with whom I've spoken that has any dialog related to it was Windspear himself, and that was not helpful. I killed Firkraag, but even he offered no dialog. Should have he said something. I'm unsure as the whether I'm experiencing a glitch or have I missed something. Have you any advice?
    @LawfulStupid you can use the orb as a quickslot item to open a portal and continue the quest. It will only work in the Windspear Hills or Firkraag's lair, though.
    Ajantis BG1 Expansion updates to v19.3 with minor fixes!
    Changelog:
    -If BG1NPC Romance is installed, Friendship Path should not start for low rep.
    -Reaction to three FF on the road should not lead to a stutter.
    -Reaction to SoD romances should happen independent whether another ended already.
    -Rephrased note about compatibility with Road to Discovery in the readme: RtD does not have to be installed before Ajantis Expansion.