Skip to content

What carries over when exporting a finished save from BG1EE to SOD or BG2EE?

enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
Do the items that you have currently equipped on your main character carry over? What about gold and items in your inventory?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    From BG1 to SoD, everything in your party transfers over (with the exception of Imoen. All of her gear will get put into a chest that you find later), although you may not keep your gold for long...

From BG1/SoD to BG2, you lose everything you were carrying. Certain items that were either in your inventory or in bags do get flagged (such as the famous Golden Pantaloons) and will be imported into BG2, but they will only show up again somewhere in the game, not on your character when the game starts.
    ThacoBell
  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    Here you see what gets imported: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Importing#Enhanced_editions

You keep your items (character and inventory) on the transistion to SOD, but you will lose your gold. So stock up on everything that is valuable (like a gem bag full of gems/necklaces) or could be useful (potions, scrolls, arrows) before beating Sarevok.

For the BG2 import you get up to 4 imported items in the starting dungeon: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Importing#To_Shadows_of_Amn_2

I usally go for:
    - Golden Pantaloons
    - Chainmail +3 (selected as its the most valuable item from the list)
    - Helm of Balduran (selected as its useful throughout the rest of the game)
    - The Burning Earth +1 (selected as it counts as +4 weapon vs. undead)

In addition if you import your character with new SOD items, some of them (up to 11) will reappear in BG2 in various locations if you had them in your inventory.
    ZaxaresJuliusBorisovdracsidious
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    Zaxares wrote: »
    From BG1 to SoD, everything in your party transfers over (with the exception of Imoen. All of her gear will get put into a chest that you find later), although you may not keep your gold for long...

From BG1/SoD to BG2, you lose everything you were carrying. Certain items that were either in your inventory or in bags do get flagged (such as the famous Golden Pantaloons) and will be imported into BG2, but they will only show up again somewhere in the game, not on your character when the game starts.

Does all the gear my party members have on them and in their inventory just stay on them when I export from BG1EE to SOD so that I can just recruit my old buddies and get going straight away? Except for Imoen, like you mentioned.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited April 2022
    Zaxares wrote: »

Does all the gear my party members have on them and in their inventory just stay on them when I export from BG1EE to SOD so that I can just recruit my old buddies and get going straight away? Except for Imoen, like you mentioned.

Equipped by them, yes. In their inventory, I'm not actually sure. In my first run through, I lost some items this way. I don't know if it was a bug, or a quirk of how the engine handles transfers.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    If you play BGEE using the SoD engine the game will transition automatically after Sarevok is dead and you won't need to do any exporting.
    Zaxaressarevok57Daevelondracsidious