Skip to content

Rate my party plz

Just letting you know, while this is my first playthrough I am already at the Shadow Vale. So if there is something wrong with my party comp its a little late to do anything about it... anyway.

1. Human Berserker
2. Human Priestess of Helm
3. Dwarf Fighter/Thief
4. Half-Elf Bard
5. Human Totemic Druid
6. Gnome Cleric/Illusionist (admittedly this was shoehorned in since I couldnt think of anything else)

Comments

• LeaderBeeLeaderBee Member Posts: 27
    I'm on my first playthrough but I'm in chapter 5 and have just started heart of winter. The composition looks fine to me but in my experience it's how you build the party as they level rather than the starting class.

I have
    1. Fighter dwarf
    2. Fighter/cleric dwarf
    3. Human cleric
    4. Dragon disciple
    5. Necromancer sorcerer
    6. Assassin halfling

Most of the time my dwarves and cleric can hold back the hordes while magicians and the thief throw magic and crossbow bolts.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    for first time players, as long as you have some sort of character that can go into melee, have some sort of divine caster, some sort of thief, and some sort of arcane caster, you should be fine
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I give it about a 8.5... ;)
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2020
    sampeng1 wrote: »
    1. Human Berserker
    3. Dwarf Fighter/Thief
    4. Half-Elf Bard
    5. Human Totemic Druid
    6. Gnome Cleric/Illusionist (admittedly this was shoehorned in since I couldnt think of anything else)

I'm not as accustomed to IWD than BG, but I'd say that your party seems very balanced and powerful.

1. Berserker is tanky, powerful, can absorb almost any debilitating spell under rage

2. Given the hordes of undead in IWD, a single class cleric seems a good idea to repel Undead while under Sanctuary.
    The special sword ability of the priest of helm is surprisingly powerful, despite its drawback to block spellcasting

3. Fighter/thief: I remember that a plain thief is not that useful in IWD, so a multi, especially as fighter is sufficient and brings more DPS to your team.

4. Bard: I hear that the vanilla bard songs in IWD are very powerful, plus there is much RP content for bards. Also, the songs also affect summons, which synergise well with your totemic druid

5. Totemic Druid: I love this class in BG, and druids have even better spells in IWD. The special Totemic Druid summons are very powerful.

6. Cleric/Illusionist: very powerful class too, although you might have wanted to go for a plain arcane casters (sorcerer maybe given the lack of spell scrolls in general ?), Especially given you already have 2 divine casters. But still a pretty powerful and interesting class.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    monico wrote: »
    sampeng1 wrote: »
    1. Human Berserker
    3. Dwarf Fighter/Thief
    4. Half-Elf Bard
    5. Human Totemic Druid

I'm not as accustomed to IWD than BG, but I'd say that your party seems very balanced and powerful.

1. Berserker is tanky, powerful, can absorb almost any debilitating spell under rage

2. Given the hordes of undead in IWD, a single class cleric seems a good idea to repel Undead while under Sanctuary.
    The special sword ability of the priest of helm is surprisingly powerful, despite its drawback to block spellcasting

3. Fighter/thief: I remember that a plain thief is not that useful in IWD, so a multi, especially as fighter is sufficient and brings more DPS to your team.

4. Bard: I hear that the vanilla bard songs in IWD are very powerful, plus there is much RP content for bards. Also, the songs also affect summons, which synergise well with your totemic druid

5. Totemic Druid: I love this class in BG, and druids have even better spells in IWD. The special Totemic Druid summons are very powerful.

6. Cleric/Illusionist: very powerful class too, although you might have wanted to go for a plain arcane casters (sorcerer maybe given the lack of spell scrolls in general ?), Especially given you already have 2 divine casters. But still a pretty powerful and interesting class.

Would have rated the party a 10 if - Dwarven Defender or Crusader instead of Berserker, FMT instead of FT, and Sorceror or Dragon Disciple instead of CM.
  • Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2020
    If youre going for a single class berserker, human is actually a poor choice. Dwarves are ok but that 1dex missing does matter. Gnomes would make a decent choice, but their savingthrows aren't as good as a dwarfs, leaving halflings with their 1 less strength. That really doesnt matter for the purpose of tanking imo and you'll still hit reliably as you'll achieve grandmastery with a weapontype... plus there's this little gem.

Helmet of the Trusted Defender

This helmet provides the wearer with a bonus of 3 to their Armor Class, and renders them immune to fatigue and sleep. As with all helmets, this one also protects against critical hits.

This helmet can be worn only by Gnomes and Halflings.

A berserker dualed into a cleric (human only) can keep on tanking for you even when you dual class at, lets say level 7. Only blunt weapons obviously, but they're in good supply. You only have the disadvantage of not being able to drink some fighter specific potions until your clericlevels reach 8.

If you want to go for the best armorclass, a berserker cleric with draw upon holy might and berserkers rage active is the way.