Skip to content

Brage doesn’t drop body

Brage doesn’t drop body after I have killed him in Baldur’s Gate: EE. I’m playing on pc with a clean installation without mods (patch 2.5.). I tried it couple of times and the result was always the same.
I know that the optimal way is to bring him in to the temple, but playing as an evil party I did not want to do it this time.

Comments

• longtimeplayerlongtimeplayer Member Posts: 5
    Update: It seems to happen, if you kill Brage before Laryssa. When I killed first Laryssa and then Brage, I got the body.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • longtimeplayerlongtimeplayer Member Posts: 5
    My version is 2.5.17.0 (so a bit different).

I still can't get the body, if I kill Brage first. It isn’t a huge issue, since you can talk first with Laryssa, but it’s propably still some kind of bug.

Here is the save, where the issue persists.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    I think the berserking effect from his sword is causing the problem. His body is actually not in his inventory, but dropped by his script when he dies.

The berserking effect disables all AI scripts from running, and thus when he dies the script isn't running and doesn't drop his body. The solution is to kill him before he starts berserking, (pretty impossible, if you ask me).

If you kill him using CTRL-Y he drops his body regardless if he his berserking, but when you kill him normally the berserking effect definitely determines if his body drops.
  • 8998989989989899 Member Posts: 3
    I have same problem.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I think there is more to it than simply the order in which you kill Laryssa and Brage. I've just encountered Brage and am unable to get his body even though I kill Laryssa first.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I've filed a bug report on redmine.
  • grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    I killed Larissa first, without aggroing Brage and then killed Brage. No body. He was beserking when I killed him.

Using latest iOS version on an iPad, but the game file gets moved back and forth between iPad and PC frequently, in case that matters.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This bug will be fixed in the next patch.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    This bug will be fixed in the next patch.

Says it's done on this link, but I have the same bug on GoG version with autoupdate.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, because the patch was delayed.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Ah, ok. Is there an ETA on the patch release?
    I recommend to activate the console and use this command: C:CreateItem("MISC65"). The ETA on the patch release is not available.
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    Hmm, that is an annoying bug when you don't have access to the console...
  • Maciek87Maciek87 Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    This bug still lives. Its a lottery to a drop Brage's body when you kill him. First you must talk with Brage to update journal, without this quest stuck. If you stand too close and Laryssa circle change to red then Brage attack and quest stuck. Your answer on Brage riddle doesnt matter, his body drop randomly. Only quick load and try untill succes.

Its a big shame that bugs still exist in game, this is Enchanced Edition and have bugs which there was no in original game, and I see it has been reported two years ago, and it should be repaired...

People dont buy yours game's to do quest via cluaconsole commands or fix bugs himself (ie put in Brage's body to his inventory via eekeper)