Skip to content

Another Highest Stat Roll Thread! What is your best?

We all know paladins and the like are known for their high starting rolls. What is your best roll for race/class combos that don't start with high minimums? Also, I haven't seen a thread like this from more recent years either so hopefully it doesn't offend anyone.

I recently rolled:

-- 97 Gnome Fighter/Illusionist with 18/92 Strength,

That is by far my best roll ever. I hit 97 with Range/Cleric once too but the Strength bonus wasn't anything special.
sarevok57JuliusBorisovGusindamonico

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think recently i rolled up a paladin that had 96, but as you say, in theory that isn't "to hard" to do, just takes maybe an hour at most and you should hit that once

about a year or so ago i made a half-elf fighter/mage/thief that hit 97 ( don't remember what the str was ) so that was pretty neat

actually now that i come to think of it, i think i had a dwarf fighter/thief hit 95 with 18/91 str ( pretty solid ) but then i erased him for that 96 paladin haha
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    My best was a 100 rolled for a Totemic Druid of all things. Wasted a good roll on that one. I've also rolled a 98 for a Dragon Disciple and a 97 for a Cavalier (with 18:96 strength!).
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovsarevok57Gusinda
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    With the assistance of the CD tweaks (it has a minimum stat instalment), I had begun rolling a fighter/druid.

Stat rolls where off course higher aided by the tweak mod, but getting above the mid 90’s where still hard since I hadn’t maxed the minimum stat roll to 15.

Eventually I did manage an excellent roll with an awesome exceptional str. I didn’t even press reroll, but manage to capture the beauty in a screen dump.
    vziaoklk42yv.png

Accidentally I pressed the re roll button just after taking the picture. That’s the lot of the re-roller I’d reckon.
    JuliusBorisovartificial_sunlightsarevok57Gusinda
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    98 human berserker.
    GusindaStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited November 2019
    velehal wrote: »
    98 human berserker.

That's an unbelievable roll for a non-paladin/ranger/druid/bard/dragon disciple human. Congratulations!

Edit: I hope he/she was true neutral so you could dual-class to druid. That's the toughest dual of them all!
    No, neutral good.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    velehal wrote: »
    No, neutral good.
    Not to worry. CD tweak can help you there as well.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    104 Half-Elf Blade
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovsarevok57
  • juddsijuddsi Member Posts: 4
    97 elf fmt with 18/96 str on a second gaming day with ps4. B)
    StummvonBordwehrsarevok57JuliusBorisov
    so i was rolling up a fresh new team for ToB and this happens;

and who was this for? not my main char, but one of his lackeys that is a gnome cleric/illusionist

u97bnluqzyeq.jpg
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovmonico
  • OdinGOWOdinGOW Member Posts: 6
    Nice, should have put a point into Str before screenshot so we could see what the 18/xx was :P

-- 98 human beserker is very impressive! STR scores arnt really that important anyways once you get manual, if you start in BG1 then every main character should be going BG2 with 19 in their main stats

-- 104 half-elf blade is impressive roll too … too bad it was wasted on a half-elf lol
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited December 2019
    Well, to be honest high rolls are wasted on nearly everybody except fighter/mage/clerics. A 63 point berserker (18/18/18/3/3/3) is nearly as OP as a 98 point berserker even though it is admittedly entertaining to see the higher number pop up.

Post edited by jsaving on
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited December 2019
    For fighters rolling 18/00 is much more important. And once Strength goes to 19 and over even 18/00 becomes irrelevant.

Charisma is a dump stat mostly as you can have someone else be the party leader and do the talking. And for fighters Wisdom is a dump stat too. Fighters need to start with 18/00 and it doesnt take long, maybe 5 to minutes to roll it.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2019
    I've rolled 97 on a bard in IWD and a bard in Baldur's Gate. In both cases, I elected to do five 18s and one 7, Wisdom. Of course in BG I made sure to grab all the tomes for a very sweet five 19s and one 10--it's actually the playthrough I'm doing lately on my Twitch (shameless plug is shameless).

Other notable one was a 92 roll on a Cleric/Ranger, with a 18/00 Strength. That dude was a friggin' boss.
    JuliusBorisovPermidion_Stark
  • shaldonshaldon Member Posts: 37
    I've never topped my 100 for a gnome fighter/illusionist. Regularly roll until I get 95/96 however. Currently using a half orc fighter cleric on 93, which is good for that combo I think.
  • SkompSkomp Member Posts: 4
    I can`t remember rolling any higher than an 95. And that was for a unkitted fighter.
  • StratosjStratosj Member Posts: 30
    96 and ofc I rerolled it.

I then decided the character does not get to see the light of Candlekeep and scratched it.
    sarevok57monico
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    I remember rolling a 96 for a Sorcerer waaaaaay back around 2004 or so and it was the highlight of my week lol. I think I got a 97 once for a Fighter/Mage/Cleric, but that's about it.

With an autoroller, I pulled a 103 once.
    i had a dream last night that i was rolling for a fighter and got a 99 hahaha
    GusindaBlackravenilduderino
  • KogoKogo Member Posts: 33
    Rolled a 95 on an archer today with str 18/88.
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    qm7diemk55wq.jpg
    My Highest roll ever in 7 years of playing this game, now I can finally commit to finishing entire saga run on my favorite multi berserker/druid ?
    StummvonBordwehrBlackraven
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2020
    I rolled a natural 75 yesterday on a dwarven barbarian and kept it, 'cause 18/00 STR, and who needs INT, WIS or CHA on a crazy chaotic evil dwarven barbarian (it's actually a RP project I have with a 3 man party, a crazy drunken dwarf, a pickpocketing jester and a sneaky shadowdancer, wreaking havoc in taverns and towns)
    ZackelBlackraven
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    I'm lazy and usually take the first roll above 90. Got lucky with a 99 on my inquisitor.
    StummvonBordwehrBlackravenZackel
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    Shangeroo wrote: »
    I'm lazy and usually take the first roll above 90. Got lucky with a 99 on my inquisitor.

I think rolls on paladins are always high as if the game wants you to play the classe.
    Such a discrimination for us up to no good players who enjoys embracing our dark legacy ?
    Blackraven
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    My highest rolls:
    104 - Gnome Illusionist/Thief
    104 - Gnome Cleric/Illusionist
    103 - Half-Elf Blade
    StummvonBordwehrBlackraven
    The strength is terrible, probably should keep rolling.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • JDowJDow Member Posts: 71
    My highest rolls:
    104 - Gnome Illusionist/Thief
    104 - Gnome Cleric/Illusionist
    103 - Half-Elf Blade

Sheesh, I don't know how you could have rolled that high three times! It seems impossible. In my time I've spent MANY an hour rolling and my very highest score ever was 101 rolling a Ranger/Cleric. If you're that lucky, it's too bad you were rolling game characters and not doing a lottery for money ;).