Skip to content

[(BG1/ BG2) BUG] Invalid MUS file references in BD1 and BL1 soundsets

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited September 2012 in Fixed
Some parts of the BD1 and BL1 music sets were not playing.

---

Changed the invalid BC1 reference to the proper ones (BD1 and BL1).

(Originally found and fixed in DudlyFix)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Works.
    I checked this on DLTCEP and the references are now correct but If I'm honest I've no real idea what the references mean or link to despite reading the description on dudleyville :P
    CameronTofer
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Is there any other way to check this more decisively? @Wisp, @aVENGER, @Cuv, @cmorgan, do you know?
    Balquo
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited July 2012
    I can have a look see. The way this works is the .MUS is a 2da and based on what is going on in the game will play which snip of music ACM. The "B" series are combat music (Battle). So basically it decides if combat is still going or not and will play the appropriate ending piece to match the current music so its all smooth.

@KeithS Just checked - the BG:EE version are markedly different from ToB. Are you using the BG1 music? The number of sound files 19(ToB)/30(BG:EE).
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Cuv
    Yes, they are using BG1 music.

@Bhryaen
    You can check for more issues like this one, and some other simple-ish ones, but "does it sound good" is obviously more a matter of needing to listen to it. The good news on that front is that you can do so in NI (InfinityAmp).
    edited July 2012
    I will check these ingame. Will edit two areas to play these and use them as arenas and see how the music plays.

Both BD1 and BL1 play fine in 0629. I created a test arena by copying AR0002.are and naming it CVArena.are. CLUAConsole to that area, create creatue GHOUL... and ran around a lot then killed it. The music takes a few seconds to reach the END piece, but it all seemed perfectly good.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Hm... might help to have a little more background available before trying to solve a problem... This is what Dudleyville says on the matter:
    Contain some errors. Idobek explains: "If you load up BG:TotSC in DLTCEP you get (among other things) the following loading information: Generating music list... BD1 Missing music (BC1 B1) in musiclist. BL1 Missing music (BC1 B1) in musiclist. Upon investigating (i.e. goto 'Edit' 'Musiclist' and comparing these musiclists with others) it is easy to spot the problem: The last line of the 'loop suffix' section in of all other musiclists reads %FILENAME% %PARTSUFFIX% (i.e. BP2.mus reads 'BP2 A2'). BD1 and BL1 have 'BC1 B1' in the 'loop suffix' section. I simply changed 'BC1 B1' to the 'BD1 B1' and 'BL1 B1'. Oh, BC1 reads 'BC1 D1' so I have assumed the %PARTSUFFIX% part is correct.
    This helps me about 1/10th what it helped @Balquo, but still...
    edited July 2012
    I see... well the BG:EE version is clearly different at the XA1 entry goto BC1 B1. That is a different music list. My ToTSC version has BD1 B1.

Okay, on further tests of the music in game for BL1. There does seem to be quite a bit of stuttering and it isnt flowing smoothly through the music. Will investigate further.

Edit:
    By simply placing the ToTSC BL1.mus in the BG:EE override, the music sounds fine now:)

Edit Again:
    In case someone else wants to check this out. Here is a test area, just throw in your override. Just CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("CVArena"). Create a favorite monster and run around and listen to the BL1 battle music. You can change the battle music in NI or DLTCEP to another if you like. The entries and listed in SONGLIST.2da and the corresponding number is what you put in. 21 is BD1 and 23 is BL1, fyi.
    Post edited by Cuv on
    Bhryaen
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Verified internally, @KeithS made the change. This should make it into the next build.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed not changed, i think.
    @Nathan, what change exactly :) The last line in
    bd1 : XA1 BC1 B1 @TAG ENDA
    while in bd2, correctly:
    B2B BD2 C1 @TAG ENDB2

BL1 is also having BC1 in it.
    This may not cause ANY problem, i don't know if it does, but there is definitely no change.
    @Avenger_teambg Confirmed what you are saying. The files have not changed since 0709. Both BD1 and BL1 both ref BC1 in the last entry.
    Er, hrm. I was under the impression this was fixed, looks like I pulled the trigger too soon. Looking into it.
    Okay, weird - those files are definitely modified internally. I'll triple check things here and bug the build meister.
    edited August 2012
    @Cuv, @Avenger_teambg: okay, I checked my beta build and noticed that there was a BD1.mus present in the override that was correctly changed, but the BL1.mus still references BC1 in the final loop line. Does that correspond with what you gents have?

In this case, it would seem that BD1 should be fixed and BL1 wasn't, but I want to make sure that these files actually made it out your way and it's not something borked with our build process.

(I even completely nuked and re-loaded my private beta install just to check this...)
    edited August 2012
    My BL1 has this: XA4 BC1 B1 @TAG ENDA4
    my BD1 has this:XA1 BC1 B1 @TAG ENDA
    @Nathan
    In my override I have BD1.mus and BL1.mus. They did not sort with NI and remain shown in the override. I tried viewing them and they throw unable to convert errors on every line.
    ie NI Error report:
    Error converting A1 @TAG ENDA1
    Could not find A1
    The same for every listing.

BD1.mus does ref XA1 BD1 B1 @TAG ENDA *which is correct
    BL1.mus still refs XA4 BC1 B1 @TAG ENDA4
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, gotta love that autoconvert default setting being on, but it doesn't seem to affect the file's operation once in-game... you can turn it off in the options menu if you don't wanna be spammed when checking the MUS files in the override.

Okay, that jives with what I've got here. I've made the changes so the references should be correct in the next build. For now the changed files will be living in the override - you're right when you say NI leaves them sorted in the override directory. That might be causing some of the confusion here.
    This should (finally) be fixed next build.
    So, to see it how it would be in the next next (maybe shipping) release, we gotta copy them to music?
    This old issue is confirmed fixed.
    (fort2 and inite are new missing music... i'll file a bugreport for them in the tracker)
    Also confirmed aside from what @Avenger_teambg has said. The Songlist.2da looks good (except for some offset formatting which wont affect functionality).