Skip to content

EE Keeper installation for BG 2 EE?

I apologise if this is the wrong place but I find this site very confusing and difficult to read because of the black background. I can't find anywhere to post this specific question other than here.

I am trying to install Ee Keeper into BG 2 EE. I have extracted the EE files into my BG 2 EE folder. I have opened the setup for EE Keeper and I get the four options:

1. To set up a name (I think this is what it wants)

2. To specify the game location

3. To set the language

4. To specify the path to the game saves.

I've specified a random name, but when do I use that name? I don't understand what this is for. It doesn't appear as a file in my game folder, for instance.

To specify the language is impossible, because there is nothing in the drop-down menu. How do I specify the language?

I have specified the path for both the game and the save folders. Unless I am mistaken, these are one and the same. Are they the same? I'm just using the Browse function to specify the path to the game folder, but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    It would be unusual for the game and save folders to be identical. You need to find the folder where your saves are visible, then click the "custom" box and enter the correct saves directory there. At that point you would enter the name "Baldur's Gate 2" which would then tell EEKeeper that it should use those particular game and save directories whenever you want to edit BG2 files.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited February 2020
    if you are having problems with the black backround, also i did not liked it at the beginning even if now i am used to it and gives me no more reading problems, you can consider to install an extension of the browser that allows to change how the web sites colors are displayed.

i just downloaded and tested "Care your Eyes"
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/care-your-eyes/fidmpnedniahpnkeomejhnepmbdamlhl/related
    and it works fine on google crome, letting me set a different background color.
    now i have a very pale green color and the text is black.
    it works both in whitelist mode, you enable it only for the sites you choose other way they are displayed in the normal way, and blacklist mode, change all the sites look by default but you can chose the sites that are displayed in the normal way.

it is the best of 3 or 4 i did test for you, but maybe there are even better ones.

i hope that it helps you to read the forums.

• WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    I'm still really confused.

Where should I extract the files to initially?

And also, I cannot enter the language because there are no options to select in the drop-down menu.

And when I make up a name to Add, is that a folder, or a file, or ?? I don't know what I'm naming.

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    It does not matter where you extract the files to initially. What does matter is that you find the correct game and save locations, enter them, and then type in the name of the game whose locations you are entering, for example "Baldur's Gate 2".
    for the languages be sure that you have also extracted the lang folder.
    it should be inside the main EEkeeper folder, if it is there in the drop down menu you should be able to select the language.

extract EEkeeper wherever you want, then open it, click on "settings", then on "installation directory..".
    then give a name to the profile, let's say bg2, on installation directory browse the folder of the game you want to edit, let's say
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\"
    (it is the path of my bg2 installation, yours can be different as maybe you play an other version"

select the game language from the drop down menu

browse the folder where the saves are located, it should be something like
    "C:\Users\name of the user\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\"

click on apply to save the settings and then ok
    and you should be ready to go.
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    Okay, thanks. I finally got it to work.

I wanted to add an item to my inventory. I neve had any trouble with Gatekeeper, but I don't seem to be able to do this with EE Keeper.

After about 50 tries on the Cambion, I just want to add Spectral Brand to my inventory. I've played the game enough times that I don't need to spend ten hours gambling for the weapon.

How do I add an inventory item? I tried clicking on an empty inventory space in and selecting the item, but I don't know what to do after that. It doesn't put the item in my inventory. Not sure what to do.

go to the inventory page, select an empty slot, press change item, in the window that opens select spectral brand, in my installation for the +5 one there are 2 different items, usually in the case select the one without a capitol letter added at the end of the name, then press assign to xxxxxx, close the item browser item and you should be ready to go.
    in case of potions or items that can be stacked you have also to select the quantity.
    now you can save in eekeeper and load the new saved game from bg2.
    by default the new save has "usedsaveneme"(editedxx) where xx is 01 if you do only a madification to a save.

eekeeper does not modify the game, but create a new save that you have to load from the game to have the changes working