Skip to content

Rasaad has vanished

I met Rasaad earlier in the game, did the initial Trademeet section, and then dismissed him. Now I want to re-recruit him, but I have no idea where he has gone.

I keep reading that he should be n Trademeet (some people say in the Temple, others that he is outside it). He isn't there. He's supposed to trigger a new area, which is not on my map yet.

Can someone give me a hand with this?

I should add that his quest does not even appear in my Quest Log, although he is mentioned in my Journal. It's like he isn't even in the game at all!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If he joined the party, and then you dismissed him, he will be either right where you left him, or wherever other dismissal dialogue sends him. For most npcs, this is the copper coronet.

If you didn't let him join when he first talked to you, then yes, he should be somewhere around the trademeet square.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Rasaad definitely returns to the Trademeet square if he's dismissed and not told to wait where he is. He can be a bit tricky to spot as his colour scheme blends in VERY well with the cobblestones. :P
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Rasaad left charnames party as planed and made his way to Trademeet. It was a long journey but Rasaad was at one with the universe and the universe protected him.
    The days were mild, the nights kind, he was untroubled by Fall snows which were unseasonably late that year.
    His spirits were high as the lights of trademeet appeared on the horizon.
    But then a flicker in the corner of his eye, the skitter of many legs, the scratch of strange wings. Rasaad looked up in horror, an enormous bug, the size of a house, ancient and evil.
    This bug was old when the world was young. Hideous and brooding and buggy as all hell. He realised to his horror that there was not just one bug, but thousands of them. Bugs! Everywhere! Bugs from ar$ehole to breakfast time.
    For Rasaad there was no hope, he was captured by the bugs, never to be seen again. He floated for an eternity. Time lost all meaning.
    But then a tug, a tug of hope, calling him back to the mortal world, someone was attempting the rite of eekeeper, or possibly the console.

The game is buggy as f*ck. If he is not where you expect him to be then don’t waste time, use the console to bring him back.
    gorgonzola
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, EE Keeper will not install properly so adding Rasaad back is not happening. I wasn't planning on having him with me anyway.

Yes, this game is buggy, way buggier than the original.
    "Yes, this game is buggy, way buggier than the original."

Hahahahahhaha. No, not even close.
    megamike15monicoStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2020
    Willowbark wrote:
    Rasaad has vanished

You lucky basterd.

EDIT: @Rasaad sorry man, I don't know where all my hate comes from. ^^
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    "Yes, this game is buggy, way buggier than the original."

Hahahahahhaha. No, not even close.

yeah people need to go back and play the originals after playing the eee and just see how buggy the originals were.

have to many mods installed? lags

there are points where npcs won't talk to you at all if variables get screwed up.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
    Some of my favorites from the original:
    Sometimes you just can't save. Like, ever again on a file.

Gorion could kill Sarevok in the intro cutscene, making the game freeze.

Sometimes quest items wouldn't spawn. (far more often than the SoD bug).

No matter what, BG wouldn't let you do a full install, as the game always thought you didn't have space to do so.

Random crashes.

The original infinity engine was held together with hopes and dreams. It was buggier than the first pokemon games.
    StummvonBordwehrmegamike15JuliusBorisovmonico
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's nostalgia googles. the ie was a buggy mesas and the ee fixed alot of the internal issues with the engine. pst for example has a very bad soft lock at the end of the game which the ee fixed.

nwn would not run on certain computers the cut scenes would not play right and have a audio stutter. and the menus would be transparent. again ee fixed that.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Skitia wrote: »
    There isn't a single case where I would not recommend playing the Enhanced version of Baldur's Gate over the original. I had load times with zero mods on non-enhanced BG2. EE BG2 loads almost instantly.
    about the load times i certainly agree, but i give you a good reason to play the original: soulafein npc.
    there are also other ones named planar sphere mod (that some players have reasono to dislike, reasons that i don't completely disagree with), deeper shadows of amn and so on, also the fight in the labyrinth of the asylum with brudaiel and his party is good reasons why.

an other reason to play with the original is if someone does not like some modifications of the gama mechanics operated by EE, i will name here few of them, but there are others.
    1. in orig. using the autopause on end of round is very easy to have a bard sing and attack in the same round, in EE has become borderline to impossible.
    2. in original the bard songs (i actually had parties with more then a bard) and the ones of their misleads stack, in EE the songs stack only if are different ie an enhanced one and a skald one.
    3. in original the way the simulacrums retain the spells depends on the order you memorize them, in EE is used the alphabetical order=no control at all on which spells the clone knows. in EE the simulacrum is only useful if cast by a FM or trough the helm as physical attacking summon.
    4. in original is possible to set a trigger or a CC without being forced to have all the 3 spells into it, in EE even if you really need 2 spells inside you are "forced" to waste a 3rd one to complete the casting of the trigger/CC.
    5. in the original the trick of putting 3 PI in a CC works, as well as other tricks that EE has nerfed, in spite of the developers saying that they nerf only the things that can create problems to the players that don't want to use the exploits, now explain me how a player can put 3 pi in a cc and not be aware of it...
    6. in EE the aoe of the enhanced bard song is outrageously small, almost impossible to affect both the frontliners and the ranged/casters. this luckily can be modded, the previous ones i don't think can.

i play both, original for the mods that have never been ported to EE and when i want to use bards ( much more for the cast and attack, i very seldom have their clones singing ) and EE for the faster load times, slightly (imo) better interface and if i want to use a mod created for EE and not working with the original.

and by the way i very very seldom had bugs with both the versions of the game, maybe i am lucky about it.

JuliusBorisov
  • noshermernoshermer Member Posts: 2
    Ok... seriously. Is there no one who can actually describe WHERE rasaad is??? I’ve looked over every inch of trademeet and he is nowhere. Don’t just say he’s in trademeet. What building is he near? Does anyone have a screenshot? This is super annoying. WHERE IS RASAAD?!?!?
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    1je7fg6kxalm.jpg
    gorgonzolaZaxaresThacoBell
  • noshermernoshermer Member Posts: 2
    Nope... he’s not there. Trissa is there... a peasant is there. No rasaad.
    noshermer wrote: »
    Ok... seriously. Is there no one who can actually describe WHERE rasaad is??? I’ve looked over every inch of trademeet and he is nowhere. Don’t just say he’s in trademeet. What building is he near? Does anyone have a screenshot? This is super annoying. WHERE IS RASAAD?!?!?

Two of us told you exactly where he would be. Cool the dramatics please.
    iosfrustration
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    noshermer wrote: »
    Nope... he’s not there. Trissa is there... a peasant is there. No rasaad.

During the initial meeting with him, Rasaad may get into a fight with some Sun Soul monks that can result in him moving west or south-west of his starting position as shown in Lammas' screenshot. If he's still not there, then either he's where you last left him when you kicked him out of the party (take care when choosing which dialogue option you pick when you kick party members), or if you've never recruited him before, you might have encountered a bug and you might need to spawn him in using the console.
    ThacoBell