Skip to content

Mazzy w/ Carsmomyr

Guys, what do I need to edit to make sure Mazzy can wield Carsomyr?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited March 2020
    you can both edit mazzy with EEkeeper to make her a true paladin or you can use an other modding tool and edit the sword.
    load the sword in the modding tool and in the weapon's restrictions of use put also the fighters as allowed class, and maybe good oriented only. how to exactly do it depends on the particular modding tool, but there is plenty of tutorials on how to use them.
    then you have to put the modified sword in the override folder and the game will use it instead of the original, you have to keep the same item name.

then is up to you to use the sword with mazzy only and not with other fighters.

Gusinda
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Personally? I would mod Mazzy and make her a true Paladin. She talks more about her god than any of the other paladins you meet (other than mod-added ones), and consistently stays true despite being denied the divine power. The fact that she isn't one already because she is a shorty feels dumb.
    gorgonzolaGusindamonico
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I feel like her actual class would be Champion of Arvoreen if there was one, since she's not quite a paladin but has some special abilities from her god.

I would just mod the sword using nearinfinity, change it so it is allowed to be used by fighters, and then save it, its save location should default to the override folder.
    gorgonzolaStummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Slightly off topic but I’m positive “size class” was a thing in D&D2.5e.
    If a character was using a weapon greater than n+1 above their size class (a tiny halfling with a massive 2H sword for example) they fought with a number of penalties.
    Was this ever implemented in any of the BG2 versions? My memory is fading...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Slightly off topic but I’m positive “size class” was a thing in D&D2.5e.
    If a character was using a weapon greater than n+1 above their size class (a tiny halfling with a massive 2H sword for example) they fought with a number of penalties.
    Was this ever implemented in any of the BG2 versions? My memory is fading...

nooope

mazzy can wield all two handed weapons with no extra penalties
    iosfrustration
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited March 2020
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    nooope

mazzy can wield all two handed weapons with no extra penalties
    in a game where the armors magically resize to the user's size it makes a lot of sense, both mechanically and rp wise.
    and actually for a small person to use a long reach weapon, if he has the str to do it, is an advantage as he lacks of natural reach as his arms are shorter.

to have a game where shorties can use armors created for them or looted from shorties, that are too small for taller people to use, but not the ones that elves, orcs and humans use, and to have penalties if they use some big weapons, like bastard swords, 2hswords and long bows, but may be not others like spears and halberds, that are designed to fight the enemy keeping him at long reach, would be an interesting choice.
    but a choice that would need a completely different implementation.
    also the shorties should have some sort of compensation, if they can not use some long reach weapons they should have some bonus to their speed and/or dex to better close the distance.

it would make the game different as you should chose the race of charname and pick the npcs not only for their classes and normal race bonuses, but with an eye on what weapons and armors they can actually use.

giving that the armors magically resize and the not shorties can use every weapon as effectively as a shorty, a half orc or human is just as effective with a dagger, i am glad that the shorties have no penalty in using big weapons.
    iosfrustration