Skip to content

BiG World Project - game lags every second

Vakarian89Vakarian89 Member Posts: 12
I've finally installed BWP (for BG Trilogy) and started to play. Unfortunately, after some time playing, lags started and became so bad, that it's very hard to play. I've made a new installation (I had to change something, anyway) and hoped it will not be a problem this time. I was wrong. I'm out of Candlekeep, roaming with Imoen, hunting gibberlings and wolves, and I can already say that it starts to lag again. It's very subtle for now, but it's getting worse, just like the last time. Lags occures every second or maybe even more frequent and, as it's rather easy to imagine, are succesfully killing all the fun. Anyone knows what can be the cause?

Comments

• AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    Did you use some kind of biffing for the files in your override folder? I think for BWP this might be BWP's end_biff.
    Without biffing the engine might show the lags you mentioned.
    You can also use Generalized biffing that can be found here:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/741-generalized-biffing/

Maybe @Gwendolyne or @jastey can provide more help for the biffing tool.
  • Vakarian89Vakarian89 Member Posts: 12
    I used Generalized Biffing after the BWP installation - without it I had to wait about a minute for the game to even start. Thanks for the suggestion, nevertheless.
    There is a clear-up utility in BWP to, as the name suggests, clear-up all unnecessary files after the installation, but I can't get it to work. I doubt though that this "junk" files cause lags - as I understand, the game doesn't use them in any way, so they just "are" and clear-up is for freeing up hard drive space only.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited March 2020
    A new Generalized Biffing version will be released in a few days after testing feedback, but I don't think it may solve your issue which may happen with huge installs. Sometimes a single mod wrong coded script can lag the game, specially with old mods. If you installed big mods (such as CtB, SoS, RoT), check their version because new versions have been released in the last two weeks, and I am pretty sure many mods have been updated since BWP last version release.
    I guess BWP experts might answer your question if you provide your WeiDU.log.
  • Vakarian89Vakarian89 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2020
    I've installed only one big BG2 mod - Check The Bodies. As you say, there is a newer version of this mod on SHS, but... Can a BG2 quest-mod cause a lag in BG1 part of Trilogy? I know the whole runs on BG2 engine thanks to Trilogy mod, but CtB comes to play at the start of BG2 - are scripts from this mod used before that?

EDITED

Well, I forgot to attach a WeiDU.log. The thing is, big parts of it are in polish language, as it is my native language and I choose it as a first language during BWP installation.
    Post edited by Vakarian89 on