Skip to content

Yeti Bug?

In the Vale of Shadows Yeti have a -2 to attack in Melee for some reason. Seems like they should have good strength and proficiency with their own fists when attacking.

Not sure what the -2 to attack is about. Is this intended?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    What difficulty setting are you playing on? I think on lower difficulty settings enemies have a penalty to their attacks and saves, but I might be misremembering.
  • CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2020
    Insane. But no extra damage
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    It is applying the -2 to their rolls against everyone or only some people? Yeti attacks are crushing and armor like splint mail has an extra 2 AC versus crushing attacks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited March 2020
    I must say I don't pay a whole lot of attention to things like how much damage the enemies are doing, but I recall yetis packing quite a punch when they hit. Are you using any mods?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I'm guessing the character being attacked is in splint mail?

The penalty is likely due to how the engine displays modifiers on armors for specific damage types. The way armor works is by setting a base armor type, and then adding modifiers for the specific damage types that differ. For example, splint sets a base AC of 4 plus a +2 bonus for crushing damage and a +1 bonus for piercing and missile damage. Yetis do crushing damage and, since it's technically a bonus on your character, the engine displays this as a -2 penalty to the yeti's attack roll.

If you were to try it with chain mail, you'd see a +2 bonus to the yeti's attack roll since chain is AC 5 with a -2 penalty vs. crushing damage.
    ZaxaresSeorrJuliusBorisovMathsorcerer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    CamDawg wrote: »
    I'm guessing the character being attacked is in splint mail?

The penalty is likely due to how the engine displays modifiers on armors for specific damage types. The way armor works is by setting a base armor type, and then adding modifiers for the specific damage types that differ. For example, splint sets a base AC of 4 plus a +2 bonus for crushing damage and a +1 bonus for piercing and missile damage. Yetis do crushing damage and, since it's technically a bonus on your character, the engine displays this as a -2 penalty to the yeti's attack roll.

If you were to try it with chain mail, you'd see a +2 bonus to the yeti's attack roll since chain is AC 5 with a -2 penalty vs. crushing damage.

If only someone had mentioned that before.... *innocent whistle*

Clearly, I jest.
    Skatan