Skip to content

Icewind Dale II Heart of Fury with six

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
Hi IWD II fans. I'm curious if HoF is doable with level 1 6-man-party. There are solo playthroughs on YT but I can't find full party HoF playthroughs. What do you think?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    It should be possible, but to start out you should have at least one party member who knows Charm Person. To put things in perspective, the goblins in the prologue are level 13 fighters with 157 HP on Heart of Fury Mode, and they usually come in groups. The only way to beat them at level 1 is to have similarly-empowered allies on your side. Summon Monster or Summon Nature's Ally might also work, since your own summoned creatures also gain HoF bonuses.

Once your clerics hit level 3, they can cast Hold Person, which also helps. Once they hit level 5, they can cast Animate Dead, which is even better.

In general, the two main ways of beating enemies on Heart of Fury Mode are 1: disabling them, and 2: summoning powerful creatures with spells like Animate Dead.

Early on in Heart of Fury Mode, enemies give enormous amounts of experience. However, once you reach a high level like level 24 or so, they give drastically less experience. I recommend you level up to about level 6 as soon as possible, then don't level up until you reach level 30 or until you absolutely can't get any farther without leveling up.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Make 1 party member a bard then take the Lingering Song feat and spam the heck out of it by singing/stop singing/start singing/repeat in every battle.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    man, i remember playing HoF mode with a party that already beat that game, and was i struggling

one thing i hate about HoF mode, is that enemies will NEVER miss, not only are they given +12 or so levels, but they are also given a +20 to hit as well, and my melee guys only had around 35 AC at best, although for some weird reason, even though they were supposed to deal "double damage" it never really felt like they were doing that

one thing for sure on HoF mode you will definitely want to buy all the weapons that have the; everytime certain creature type gets hit they die instantly or have to make a save or die instantly, because baddies just take forever to kill in this mode