Skip to content

Item Upgrade v44 Now Available

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
The Item Upgrade mod allows Cromwell and Cespenar to upgrade additional items in BGII. One third of them are convenience functions (e.g., they save you ring or boot space), one third of them try to beef up categories of weapons that are "weak by comparison" (e.g., clubs and spears), and one third of them upgrade NPC-specific items.

Version 44 contains bugfixes, notably a correction to the wrong items being used to make the Incarnadine Elven Chain.

v44 Changelog:
  • Fixed bug where the Incarnadine Elven Chain upgrade asked for three fire agate gems, but actually checked and used Dispel Magic scrolls.
  • Updated the Sorcerian Ring to account for the alternate Rings of Wizardry (aka Reaching Ring) in EE/newer Fixpack games.
  • Lowercased all sound references in dialogue to fix audio issues on case-sensitive file systems.

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2019
    @CamDawg I loaded this on my BG2EE game and it caused an issue with Kjeron's dual to kit mod. Even after uninstalling this, the dual to kit mod does not work. In the past I ran into something like this where mods are perma changing things and a complete wipe and reinstall of game is needed. I am in the process of doing that now.

@Raduziel had run into this in the past and I think it was something with weido, but he may remember better.

EDIT: Kjeron found the issue.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • icehawk51289icehawk51289 Member Posts: 8
    How about an inclusion of Blackrazor+5? I always felt like this weapon getting outstripped was one of the greatest tragedies in the game.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Silver Sword +5 would be nice too (and more consistent with P&P, where the vorpal Silver Swords are +5); it would be a good alternative to the vorpal halberd in ToB.
  • JanWJanW Member Posts: 6
    CamDawg wrote: »

v44 Changelog:
    • Updated the Sorcerian Ring to account for the alternate Rings of Wizardry (aka Reaching Ring) in EE/newer Fixpack games.

Hi Camdawg, I'm having this issue where the Reaching Ring (OHRINGWI) is not recognized by cromwell, so he never offers the option to create the Sorcerian Ring. (Of course I have the required ingredients).
    I EEKepered the Reaching Ring (RING08) and he recognized and created Sorcerian Ring properly, while leaving the OHRINGWI in my backpack.
    This on v44 mod.

Just reporting this issue.

Thank you,
  • WitchfinderWitchfinder Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2020
    The Gloves of the Master Thief do not give +3 AC though, they grant an AC of 3.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    How about an inclusion of Blackrazor+5? I always felt like this weapon getting outstripped was one of the greatest tragedies in the game.
    Silver Sword +5 would be nice too (and more consistent with P&P, where the vorpal Silver Swords are +5); it would be a good alternative to the vorpal halberd in ToB.

This is still Wes' mod; I'm not adding additional upgrades, just making sure it still works.
    JanW wrote: »
    CamDawg wrote: »

v44 Changelog:

Hi Camdawg, I'm having this issue where the Reaching Ring (OHRINGWI) is not recognized by cromwell, so he never offers the option to create the Sorcerian Ring. (Of course I have the required ingredients).
    I EEKepered the Reaching Ring (RING08) and he recognized and created Sorcerian Ring properly, while leaving the OHRINGWI in my backpack.
    This on v44 mod.

Just reporting this issue.

Thank you,

Thanks this will be fixed for v45.
    The Gloves of the Master Thief do not give +3 AC though, they grant an AC of 3.

The readme is actually incorrect here--the GotMT are fine and set AC to a base of 3 by design.
  • stepbergstepberg Member Posts: 16
    I installed this mod but now Cromwell won't give me the option to upgrade the red dragon scales or the ankheg shells. Is this intended or a bug?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    stepberg wrote: »
    I installed this mod but now Cromwell won't give me the option to upgrade the red dragon scales or the ankheg shells. Is this intended or a bug?

This would be a bug, yes. Does Cromwell no longer have a dialogue option to look through your stuff?