Skip to content

Will new dlc modules run on build 8186?

Has anyone who's bought the latest dlc release tried running it on build 8186? I'm wondering if it is compatible with older builds.

I find the last two releases with the keyholing and windowed mode by default to be unplayable.

That setttings.tml file I'm supposed to access to turn it off is a mess. I have to force-open it with Notepad selected from a list, and it comes out as an unreadable, unformatted thing that looks like program code from hell, with lines scattered all over the window and randomly spaced.

I really resent being asked to hack my game to set it back to the settings that actually worked.

I will definitely not be buying any dlc content that doesn't work with 8186.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Daz wrote: »
    If you press Control + Shift + F12 while in the game it'll open a debug menu where can click on the Config tab to easily edit the settings.tml file. After making changes, be sure to click on the Commit button at the top.

This. @BelgarathMTH We introduced a very detailed in-game menu where you can turn off any setting you don't like.

Modules will run on the latest version.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov , so, is that a "no" on DLC running on 8186?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, that's a no. Again, you don't need to access setttings.tml file to turn off keyholing and windowed mode. Actually, for windowed mode - just hit Enter + Alt, and the game will go Fullscreen.

Ctrl + Shift + F12 - go to Config - scroll down till Keyholing, disable it, scroll up, click Commit. I recommend using this new menu for other settings as well.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov Okay, thanks, I was able to update my game and disable the keyholing using the instructions provided.

My problem will be remembering the keyboard commands needed in the future, because I'm old, and I have a bad memory and a hard time adapting to change. I guess a Google search ought to find the relevant "ctrl-shift-F12" quickly enough when I forget. Also "Alt-Enter".

Is there a sticky that has those commands at the top of the thread?
    Not yet, but probably that's a good idea! I'll see what I can do when I have a bit more time. :)
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2020
    Honestly, from a usability standpoint, I feel like this UI could use a simpler way to access it and some documentation or tutorial video of how to use it. I imagine a number of players are fully ignorant of its existence or don't know how to use it even if they know about it.