Skip to content

Banned for no reason

Mo_ZingMo_Zing Member Posts: 10
I just bought the game on GOG a couple of days ago, and when I try to log into the Ravenloft POTM server it says I'm banned and to contact a DM.
I've never played this before so I'm a little confused, is the server only for certain players or what?
I have purchase proof that I've only just bought the game this week if that helps, literally never played before so not sure why I would be banned by default.
Aedan

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Can you log into other servers (e.g. Arelith)? Could be you ran afoul of some of their automated system. If you can join other servers, you should ask PotM staff on their own forums.
    TressetSymphony
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited March 2020
    Maybe they are just "social distancing".

someone had to say it...
    jonesr65Sylvus_MoonbowAedanIsewein
  • Mo_ZingMo_Zing Member Posts: 10
    Calgacus wrote: »
    Maybe they are just "social distancing".

someone had to say it...

LOL
    Sherincall wrote: »
    Can you log into other servers (e.g. Arelith)? Could be you ran afoul of some of their automated system. If you can join other servers, you should ask PotM staff on their own forums.

Yes I can log in and play on the other ones just fine. Sorry, I've always wanted to play this kind of game but just recently found out about it and it seems a little overwhelming. I'm not sure how servers even work.
    Great, now today it's asking me for a CD key to play multiplayer. Wtf is up with this game?
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Ah, apparently GOG is still practicing giving everyone a shared cdkey by default, and you need to manually take your private key and use that: https://www.gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/multiplayer_solution_invalid_key_enhanced_edition

Probably what happened is someone else got banned from PotM using the shared key.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    GOG does not install a CD key for you, and the window that pops up for people to type in their CD key when they press the multiplayer button is for GOG players.

I'm not sure how you tried to log into Prisoners of the Mist without a CD key, but this is a necessary step for all GOG purchases. It has something to do with GOG's cd key policies, they prefer to do things that way, and Steam and Beamdog Client NWN players do not have to hassle with this extra step.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1099069/#Comment_1099069

Here's some more stuff about it.
    JuliusBorisov