Skip to content

If they could have done one thing different...

(I don’t mean something impractical like ensuring 100 pct bug free) I wish the developers would have given equality for evil playthroughs. It seems like many aspects of the game don’t factor an evil character. Little things like this,
lj45it4li1c8.jpeg

My reputation is already at 1 despised, in fact I already killed everyone in the Radiant Heart, Temple of Lathander and Helm. Do you I care if people thought I killed some knights lol!

These little things that really add to the enjoyment from an rp perspective. BioWare did equality well with KOTOR as playing light or dark was equally rewarding, but to me that’s the biggest area where BG falls short. I still love the game though.

How about everyone else, if they could have done one thing different what would you wish for?

Comments

• AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    If they could have done things differently I would wish for:

No way to cure Jaheira from Ployer's curse >:)

Imoen to die as originally intended.

Renal Bloodscalp to be made a joinable NPC

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited March 2020
    I would have made Xzar a joinable character instead of dying that inglorious death. Coran, Safana, Faldorn, Ajantis and Garrick too. I mean, why bother to have them in BG2 at all if not to join me?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2020
    Minor one - Jaheira to have been neutral good without modding, her moaning about my rep was really odd on my first playthrough - you want me to solve the iron crisis and are a Harper but will gripe on when I actually do what you want and will leave when I reorganise the party

More major one - Yeslick to have been a fully recruitable returning NPC in BG2. He and Imoen became my core team in BG
    Post edited by ilduderino on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Make every class multiclassable.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    make it so that yoshimo was actually save able
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    make it so that yoshimo was actually save able

This. I get why, but still. He was one of the better NPCs in terms of personality.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited March 2020
    i don't get why, if you choose to don't bring him to spellhood there is no reason that he should die in the CC or wherever you left him.
    he has done all that he could to fulfill the geas obligation, irenicus is still alive, at least until the SoA end, so there is no reason why he should die.
    he should instead continue to try to bring charname to spellhood or to irenicus, i am not sure what is the exact content of the geas, and in both cases he never meets the condition of breaking the geas, not being able to bring again charname to spellhood but continuing to try to do it or bringing charname to the enemy boss in the end game, fulfilling the geas obligation, but with a different result of what irenicus was expecting (if the player wins...).
    there is no time limit to the geas obligation, charname can spend 10 in game years in chap 2 if he likes without any consequence for yoshimo if he wants, and there is no reason at all to have him magically killed if he actually does not break the geas obligation and is keeping trying to fulfill it even after charname went to spellhood without him and beyond his possibility to be in the party at that moment.

actually i suspect that the geas obligation is to bring charname to irenicus, not to spellhood as the spellhood option rises only after the geas is accepted and rises because imoen attacks irenicus, he is not the first one that cast spells without the licence and has no way to be sure that imoen would do it, actually there are very good reasons for her to not do it, casting a MM against one of the most powerful mages of the realms when you are still at low level is not a wise and healthy way to conduct your battles. if he would really want to cause the spellhood option he would have attacked first, not respond to her attack, hoping that she also cast a spell in response, maybe even a defensive one.