Skip to content

Darkness over Daggerford - Places I can’t get in

GingauGingau Member Posts: 13
A few entrances I can't figure out:

Need an ancient ornate key for Crab's Claw Coast - Where should I have gotten this?
“An incredibly ancient and weird looking lock prevents further passage”
Is that where Wogbog’s stick is?

There’s a hidden section in the Brush of Barbs called the “Forest Bramble”
Is that just a Druid thing

There’s also a moat surrounded corner of The Lonely Barrens that is inaccessible.
Is there a secret entrance of is this just unused space?

Thanks for helping me explore this corner of the world!

Comments

• GingauGingau Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2020
    Ok, I thought I was nearing the end of this adventure, but there were a few quests waiting for me outside the stronghold, which dispels the two darkened areas.

But I'm still missing the ancient key, and now I also do not have Stegil's chest key.
    If they're not in the Forest, where could they be?
    Post edited by Gingau on
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    The ornate key can be found on one of the tables in Torleth's Treasures in Gillian's Hill
    The Forest Bramble will become relevant in a later quest, as will the moat :-)
    I think Stegil's key can be obtained by rescuing the prisoner from the far end of the chamber, near to one of the Oubliettes
    I appreciate your answers Phantasma! Nothing I enjoy more than seeing prisoners flee back home, but there were only Dark Druids down there.

I wish I had a torch to look down into the darkness of the oubliette. Certainly the rope coils were a clue for descent, even with a post on the side of each hole, but I could not de-puzzle how.

(Gingau is beginning to wonder if frying up that chicken might not have been best after all)
    edited March 2020
    Ah, it's possible you haven't yet got to the point where the prisoner will appear - have you met Stegil, the leader of the Dark Druids yet? (in that same cave, but he doesn't appear if you go there before the quest is properly active, i.e. the '4 birds' quest
    Hmmm, I climbed down that ladder long before the birds and got rid of the druids (they weren't being nice!), and so there's not a trace of Stegil now that the birds are gathered in the druid's circle. I just have his locked chest.
    Even if you've previously killed the druids, Stegil and some more druids should appear once it's at the right point in the Circle of Fowl quest, i.e. journal should say Talham has asked you to find Stegil's bloodstone. If something has gone horribly wrong, the blueprint name you could spawn in using debug mode is ks_it_stegil_key If you need any help with debug mode, just shout :-)
    Not sure how to hide SPOILERs, so BEWARE, this may contain some

After a reload or two I may have lost part of the fowl conversation, but after re-talking to the birds Stegil did show up. The Dark to Druid balance has been restored!

Aha! Wogbog's stick is down the rope to Umgatlik’s cave, and in a garbage pile search.
    I believe I had to feed him (some Pie) to get the quest.
    Got some exp and alignment +5 towards good in return.
    edited April 2020
    That leaves one quest I did not finish - Scavaging the Countryside. I got the Music and the Totem, but did not come across the Chalice.
    I must’ve missed that in some refuse pile (unless it is in the final battle). Where did my scavaging go wrong?

The Iron Hammer Shaft was also elusive.

Also, I’d suggest talking to Yani Pavani before leaving with Veiti if you want to know her Decorator’s Dilemma solution. I just got so tired of her extolling patience that I didn't get to it.
    Post edited by Gingau on