Skip to content

Few BUGs in BGII:EE

I want to report a few bugs I witnessed in BGII:EE
1. if you refuse Valygar and let him leave, he will be at the second floor of his residence, but if you havn't killed the gnome illusionist bounty hunter, he will be there too, and ridiculously asking you "can you tell me where I might find Valygar?", despite the fact that Valygar is standing just beside him...
2. In AR1404 and AR1400, ---temple ruins before and after the elimination of shadow lord, there are few tree branches that are poorly blended, as they are brighter/dimmer than the surrounding environment, and you can see clear boundaries that form a rectangle. After looking that the game files, I noticed that these glitches are attributed to the wrongly referenced bam in .are files, namely 1400T001,1400T002---1400T005, these references are just pointless, I don't know why they were referenced as animation in these two .are files...I have just deleted these references and the glitches are fixed.

gc0x7776yn4w.png
0mqi38ff92q8.png

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    IIRC, that wacky gnome illusionist is a mod addition, not in the vanilla unmodded game. Fun encounter, though.
  • imp51096454imp51096454 Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2020
    thankyou @lunar, yes, my game is heavily modded, but the latter one is definitely a bug in vanilla game...
    I assume the gnome is an addtion from unfinished business?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I think it is from the tactics mod. It's in tactics readme:

Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionst in the Docks
    \
    A gnome fighter/illusionist is looking for Valygar inside a building in
    the docks and he will kill anyone in his way.

Warning: The fight can be difficult. Don't try him unless you're looking
    for a rumble.

This version features massive bugfixes by Rassadihn.
  • imp51096454imp51096454 Member Posts: 53
    @lunar Thanks a lot! I have rewritten the script to force Valygar and gnome to attack each other o:)