Skip to content

What summons should I have my Druid Remember?

I am using Jaheira right now and am wondering what summon spells are the best I haven't tried a druid before.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Only two summoning spells I use with a druid are Call Woodland beings and Fire Elemental.

Call woodland beings summon up a dryad, she is very fragile in melee but is an excellent spell caster and can cast multiple 4th-5th lvl spells! Quite effective for a lvl 4 spell. It is a very good utility summon that can confuse, hold and electrocute enemies with spells and also can cast mass cure!

Fire elemental summon is very powerful, immune to normal weapons, and a very efficient troll killer and spell disrupter thanks to its bonus fire damage. It is also immune to fire, naturally.

Other animal type summons are too weak to be useful IMHO.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Two spells really stand out.

Level 4: Call Woodland Beings. It's a casting of the level 5 healing spell Mass Cure that sticks around to cast a few more encounter-winning spells like Confusion and Hold Monster. I rarely spend level 4 druid slots on anything else, until very late in the game.
    Level 6: Fire elementals - an excellent melee summon, immune to normal and +1 weapons, deals good damage, lasts an hour.

Those two spells, plus Insect Plague and Iron Skins at level 5, are the druid's main advantage over a cleric.
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    jmerry wrote: »
    Those two spells, plus Insect Plague and Iron Skins at level 5, are the druid's main advantage over a cleric.

Yeap - insect plague is the “I win” button for every mage fight in the unmodded game.

My other favourite is “Greater Elemental Summoning”. The elemental princes are gated, not summoned, they are (IMO) the second best helper you can get after the Planetar, and your Druid can have an elemental prince at the same time you mage has a planetar