Skip to content

How long does it take for Terminsel to appear at the end of Jaheira's questline?

^topic

It's been ages since I've done this questline and I want to finish now that I've mostly done it but I'm not actually looking to have Jaheira in my party beyond that. I had forgot the last interaction can not be sped up by resting / traveling and the wiki just says "a long, long time".

So I'm interested how long that time is? I avoid using console stuff as much as I possibly can and if we're talking like 5 hours or less I'll just live with it but if I'll be dragging Jaheira around for closer to 10 or so hours then I guess I'll just begrudgingly advance the plot with console commands.

Also if anyone has an answer to this, how do you guys go about finding it out? I'm guessing it's on some files somewhere but what do you look at and what do you need to be able to look at it?

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Nevermind. It already happened and took probably less than an hour. "A long, long time" my backside.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The time is different depending on if you're romancing Jaheira or not. Its like half an hour and a map transition normally. However, if romanced, its 2 hours REAL TIME and a map transition. So the usual console command to increase time doesn't work. There's a real time console command, but I don't recall it off the top of my head.
    The wiki does list the necessary console commands. I didn't realize the romance affects the time although still, I wouldn't say 2 hours is that long. An hour or two seems like a rather regular occurrence when it comes to real life timed events in the game and I was expecting a lot worse from the way the wiki worded it.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    from what i can see, it looks like its supposed to take 12 hours, don't know if its real time or not but im pretty sure this is what determines when Terminsel's final appearance is supposed to happen;

IF
    Global("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",9)
    OR(2)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",10)
    SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",TWELVE_HOURS)
    END

usually when i play SoA it only takes me around 12 or so hours to beat the entire game ( although i play at 60 fps so my "real time" is halved, so mechanically it would be "24" ) and i've seen terminsel appear many times ( even before i would go off to chapter 4 )

so i dont know if that 12 hours is game hours or actual hours, i always thought that once you finish the dermin encounter he would appear 5 game days later but im not sure anymore
    Alright, that is curious. The others being SetGlobal and the last one being RealSetGlobal would strongly suggest that the last one is tied to real time as the others are definitely on gametimer but at the same time it did not take me 12 hours to get Terminsel to spawn. I also force spawned both Dermin encounters tied to gametime by just traveling between Athkatla and Grove repeatedly so I didn't spend hours doing those either.

Then again, and I want to emphasize I'm no coder so I might be horribly wrong here, but since the parameter is "TWELVE_HOURS" instead of 12 it does make me wonder if it's just pointing at a number elsewhere that might've been changed in EE's to be something shorter than 12 hours that it might've originally been?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @sarevok57 Its not 12 hours, I've timed it. 2 to 2 1/2 hours consistently gets Terminsel to appear when romancing Jaheira.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @sarevok57 Its not 12 hours, I've timed it. 2 to 2 1/2 hours consistently gets Terminsel to appear when romancing Jaheira.

hmm, weird, i wonder what the 12 hour timer is then

because if im not mistaken, even 24 game hours is around 2 hours real time which doesnt match the 12 hour scripting line