Skip to content

Mod suggestions for first timer?

eladireladir Member Posts: 2
Hello, just finished playing through the whole bhaalspawn saga and I enjoyed it a lot though at some point it got easy so I installed SCS to make it more challenging.

I'll play ID:EE next and I almost always make only one completionist playthrough. Trying to figure out what mods to include is confusing me a bit. I found this comment:
"My Fixpack, Unfinished Business, and Item Upgrade mods are built into the Enhanced Editions. IWD Tweaks--now Tweaks Anthology--is not."
which means some key mods are already included.

The Icewind Dale NPCs seems very appealing as I love banter.

Two mods that caught my eye are Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5 and The Tweaks Anthology. What are your thoughts on them ? Are they compatible to each other ? Are there any other popular mods I should consider ? In what order should I install them ?

I'd be grateful for any kind of help, thanks.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @eladir, and welcome to the forum.

I haven't used BG-DND-3.5 so can't comment on it other than to say that the readme only states it is compatible with BG1\2EE. IWDNPCs is great and fairly much a must install. Components of Tweaks Anthology work as well. Use v9 and the readme lets you know which components are good for IWDEE, having said that, if it isn't compatible it wont show to give you the option of installing. There are a lot of components so you can go a bit overboard, although it gives you choice on how you want/like to play...

For install order, set IWDNPC as the first and Tweaks as last. You are relatively safe using the order of install categories shown here. The only thing you would look at is if you decide to install a UI mod. This can either be very first or last...

Gus

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    IWD NPCs are incredibly well-written and add the companionship and light banter of a classic fantasy film to the game. Highly recommended! :) Just be careful to read the readme (duh!) and stop for a moment whenever you enter a new area as is recommended.