Skip to content

NWN EE Toolset 'options'

Evan_MEvan_M Member Posts: 5
I just bought NWN EE a few days ago, and as one of the original designers of Richterm's Retreat Nordock wanted to perhaps try my hand at making a new world. However... I can't even click the 'option' button to get into the toolset. Nothing happens at all. Any help?

Comments

• Evan_MEvan_M Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    Oh and yes, I can get the -Open Game Location- tab, but nothing happens when I click it.

I really don't want to buy the game twice, but it almost seems to be asking me to.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    I work from a toolset shortcut on my desktop. Just navigate to the install folder, which for me is C:\Users\Ancarion\Beamdog Library\00829\bin\win32 and you should find the toolset there.
    Evan_M
    I don't understand why the toolset isn't in the load page like the old version. Do you have to go to your install folder every time you want to use the toolset? This just seems clunky and weird. And honestly, I can't even find it in my install folder. lol
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    No, you just have to make a shortcut for the toolset and put it on your desktop. It's much faster than starting up the game every time anyway. The path to the program should be the same as the one I put in the previous post, except it will have your name between Users\ and \Beamdog Library instead of mine. You could also use File Explorer to search your C drive for "nwtoolset", but that could take a while depending on the size of your drive.
    dunahan
    Oh yes, good idea. I'll try that.
    Ah sweet! Found it and got it. The problem was that I was using Steam... ugh.
    Thanks Ancarion!