Skip to content

Guardian golem can be used to fight Planar Sphere invaders

If you talk to the guardian golem, while owning the mage stronghold you can instruct the golem to ''follow me''. If you then lead the golem to the sphere entrance, the golem can also be instructed to ''stay here''.

This is very useful as the golem will attack any hostile people or creatures inside of the sphere, that means when the mage haters/assassins teleport in, the golem will automatically attack the invaders and the invaders will attack the golem.

The golem is also invincible and cannot be killed. This is great because 1) a golem can join you in combat which is pretty cool and 2) if you're playing a weak/cowardly character you can hide and let your golem fight for you.

I recorded a clip of the Golem fighting, and I've attached a YouTube link in this post:

Screenshots below:

l9y2sk0757aa.png
mmf1o5d2wztd.png
9ko0d7u7cknj.png

BlackravenThacoBellgorgonzoladunbarTimbo0o0o0StummvonBordwehrGrond0JuliusBorisovArdulIsewein

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    And now you understand why every self-respecting Mage owns a golem. ;) Craft your own today with your very own Golem Manual! Only 50,000 gold + taxes!
    ThacoBelldunbarBlackbɨrd
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Zaxares wrote: »
    And now you understand why every self-respecting Mage owns a golem. ;) Craft your own today with your very own Golem Manual! Only 50,000 gold + taxes!

Sure do haha. Just a pity that the Golem could never follow you around, outside of the Sphere.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited April 2020
    at least you can have for some time each day a golem as you go to WK, golem that not fully upgraded is super useful as tank in some situations, the clay golem form is immune to piercing and slashing attacks and is the perfect tank against those enemies that don't use crushing weapons.

later most respectable mages can turn themselves in powerful golems to have a super high MR and a powerful mlee attack, that in the case of aerie or other MC and for the kensages is crazy as with righteous magic or kai active the 4d10 is always rolled 40.

but yes, to have the ability to really build your personal golem would be great, you learn how to do it in the sphere and you will reach surely a higher level then the mage that does it in the umar hills so why not?
    a chance to have a familiar or, reached a certain level build your personal golem would be great RP wise, but probably unbalancing, the mage class is so powerful also without it...
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Yeah, the Golem book is pretty great.
    There is a mod for Golem construction available here.

That looks great. I'm going to have to give it a try, sometime. A couple of brain Golems and I'm all set to take on the Five.